Sunday, June 15, 2008

5 km walk

I had so much fun yesterday! First the lecture/talk was awesome and i managed to get a lot of new information about walking form and new stretches that i didn't know before. I also managed to talk to the woman and ask about a problem i'd been having with my right calf and she was very helpful in fact it never bothered me yesterday :)
As for the walk, well i know i have to work on it before i go for the race in september!! I'm okay on distance i can go for hours but my form is a bit off and i definitely need to work on speed.
There were wonderful people on the walk and although it was hot it was a blast. I'll definitely be doing it again. In fact i've been asked to join a group walking on monday which i'm definitely going to be going to.

2 comments:

  1. Hooray, hooray, hooray! What a fabulous week you had! And I'm so glad the walk/talk was beneficial. I've never heard of those, so I guess we don't have them here? Or how did you find out about it? Maybe I don't know where to look.

    Great job on meeting your goals, losing 3#, and fighting the donuts with the mighty oatmeal! YOU ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like such a fun thing to do! I'll have to look for somethign like that here.

    Way to go on the loss! I love that your goals include continuing on even if you have one of those oops moments!

    ReplyDelete