Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back to work

Well it's back to work today! I work in a donut/coffee shop so i definitely have to stay away from anything there!! Yes they have soups etc, but they are so full of salt it's not funny.
So my plan for today is to do some upper body weights and then i think i'll go for a walk. Yesterday i ended up with 11,563 steps on my pedometer!!
As far as my eating goes since i've been tracking my food on fitday i'm actually surprised sometimes that my carbs are so high so then i play with what i've planned to bring them down a bit. Hope this helps. I do find that when i only eat complex carbs and don't eat too many that my craving for sugar seems down. Now i'm definitely not saying i don't eat carbs( i had oatmeal this morning) but i'm just trying to watch how many i do eat.
If anyone is reading this what are your thoughts as far as carbs goes??

3 comments:

  1. I rarely pay attention to carbs and such...just try to be healthy and careful...but when my sugar cravings are nutty I usually realize it's because I've been eating "crappy" carbs and try to reel it in. It does work. I think you are on a good track with your thought process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, hello! Thanks for the advice. I won the battle and just went to bed!

    I feel the same way as you do about carbs. I need them to have energy, but I stick to complex carbs, and then not too many of them. I get really sleepy when I carb load, so that tells me a lot about the way my body handles them.

    Keep up the good fight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're kicking it on your steps! Way to go!

    I try to eat mostly "good" carbs, from natural sources, but I confess to eating some 100 calorie snacks and healthy-ish breakfast bars, too. I'm doing much better than I was, and I'll continue to chip away at it until I'm eating all "good" carbs.

    ReplyDelete