Saturday, June 14, 2008

going for a walk....

Today i've been invited to go for a talk and walk ;) I'm going to a talk by an expert in walking for fitness at city hall, after he's going to take us for a 5km walk!! Fun, fun, fun. The only downside to all of this is that i have to go to work after. I managed to get someone to work for the first 3 hours but since i'm a supervisor i couldn't find another one who wanted to take the whole shift :(

Last night i caved in and tried a new donut at work!! I know i'm not perfect and these things are going to happen now and again. However, this morning i got up and thought about what i could cram into my mouth and i honestly stopped and thought you know this is insane. I am responsible for what i do and what i put into my mouth. How much do i truly want to be healthy and lost weight?? I actually chuckled and went in the cupboard to find the oatmeal and then went to the fridge to put some gorgeous fresh blueberries with it!! I just finished a really nice breakfast that i truly enjoyed and that i know will stick with me when i'm walking today and i'm once again feeling truly good about myself!!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Never knew how many carbs were actually in the Fiber One Bars until someone mentioned it on my blog. 29g of carbs...no wonder I carve them and love them.

    Good luck on the journey, WW is a great program.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love oatmeal for breakfast. Those little decisions are what make the big difference!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for dropping by guys, i love knowing that someone is actually reading it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO FUN

    I cant wait to hear how this was.

    (and kudos on the thought process this morning. BIG STRIDE)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now, one more try - Just got home from my 90 minute walk. Stops for Starbucks and groceries. Hope you are having a great OP day.

    Hugs,
    Kathie R in CA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes, you work in a donut shop! It'll be all the more impressive when you lose weight.

    ReplyDelete