Friday, June 13, 2008

It takes time

I was reading someone's post (sorry i can't for the life of me remembers whose i think it might have been jack-sprat.net) and they were talking about the time it takes to lose weight. Not how long it going to take you but the daily time.
The more i thought about it, the more i think it's true!! I put in approximately an hour when i exercise, i plan my daily eating, i have to get food prepped for when i need it, i pre-cook dinner to take to work, i do things to purposely have to walk or move more etc. I probably put in at least and hour and a half a day!! I'm will to do this to be healthy but i think you need to know that it is definitely a time investment that you have to be willing to do, and some days it's hard to come up with the time.
I know there are days where the hubby says go on your walk and i'll do dishes because he knows that once i'm stuck in the doing dishes mode out the window flies the good intentions of going on a walk. He chuckles as i'm sitting at the kitchen table surrounded by recipes and pieces of paper trying to come up with a food plan for the next week or two, but quietly makes me a cup of tea without being asked ;)
How much time do you put into getting healthy?? Something to think about

1 comment:

  1. Excellent post! I spend at least a couple hours a day focusing on fitness, more if you count blogging. :)

    Have a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete