Wednesday, July 30, 2008

choices and planning

I ended up having a great day yesterday. I had an opportunity to buy and eat an ice cream bar however i stopped myself and decided it wasn't the best thing for me ;) For me that is huge!

I also sat down and planned my menu for the next week which helped me feel a lot less stressed. I feel i have a back up plan to help me with my choices for the next week. So now i know what i need to buy at the grocery store. I know what things i need to take out of the freezer for the next day. It saves me a lot of headaches ;)

My plan for today is a nice long walk on the new route i found, as long as the rain stays away. If it rains i'll simply go on a different route that doesn't get as messy ;)

I'm doing day 2 of week 3 of the 100 push up challenge.

And to top it off i'm trying a new recipe for dinner tonight. Mojo chicken, with homemade pico de gallo!

I have to say that having this blog plus my food blog has really been good for my accountability and being able to read all the great blogs that i've found out there has given me a lot of encouragement and support! Thanks guys ;)

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like your doing great!

    And I'm glad you've found the blog helpful, I know I sure have. It's hard to believe I've had mine well over a year now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo for saying NO to ice cream! I understand how big that is!
    I usually don't plan meals in advance but I can see that it would be helpful to stay on track, especially if you're tired & hungry and just don't want to think
    about what to make.
    I can't wait to hear about how the new recipe was. I've never heard of Mojo chicken. It sounds Mexican.
    I agree with you about having a blog and how it keeps you accountable. There's a fantastic group of people out there! I'm glad you started one!
    I made the pizza today. Suzi, it was delcious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the recipe...feedback please! :P Great job...stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. turning down the ice cream is such an accomplishment. I have found that blogging is totally giving me a kick in the butt about being accountable...after all, all of my cyber buds are counting on me.

    The new recipe sounds absolutely yummy! Let us know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. yay to saying nay to the ice cream. (Gosh, ice cream is soooo good. Sigh)

    And push-ups are so hard. I did my first angled push-ups (ie, not flat on the floor). My weak upper body needs a lot of work. I'm workign on it. :)

    Blogs can be great accountability tools. As long as we devote the time to them (and they can be quite consuming). But for fatfighters, they really can help.

    Go with the push-ups!!! And the walking!!!

    The Princess

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, great job on turning down the ice cream, I wish I would have said no to those onion rings last night. Ugh!

    Homemade pico de gallo sounds so yummy. You'll have to post the recipe if it turns out good.

    Hey, how's the Challenge coming along? Leave me an update.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad that you had a great day and doing great with plannig your meals. I know that is key for me..I plan ahead and that helps keep me in check.

    In response to your comment, LA Weight Loss is based on the food pyramid. You eat specific serv of each type of food. Its great, I rarely feel hungry, eat mostly natural foods, and its nice to not have to count calories or points.

    ReplyDelete
  8. High Five on the good choice re: ice cream.

    I've always found that planning ahead makes for better shopping and less stress at meal time.

    I also find that having just a few meals that I make regularly makes my choices easier and healthier....but then, I don't get bored with eating the same things over and over....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Planning your meals is what has helped me a ton. Now, I am also trying to blog to see if it will help me as well. Accountability is key...that's why I love Weight Watchers.

    ReplyDelete