Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A confession to make

Before i come clean i want to say what a wonderful bbq we had last night and i believe fun was had by all. Somehow the nice picture of my greek salad has gone missing ;) Here's a few pictures:

























I'm pretty sure i've mention before that i binge. And when i binge it's not pretty. It doesn't last long but it's something i've been trying to work on.
Well last night was the first time in a long time that i had one. It started small and ended big. The stupid thing is that i wasn't hungry!! And i could have stopped it after eating a couple of unplanned things but did i?? No. Did i do this in front of other people?? No. The only saving grace, if you want to call it that, is that i don't keep junk food in the house so at least it was somewhat healthy.
Yesterday i had 32 flex pts left to work with this week. Today i have 8.
This morning i'm back on my plan. I will definitely not give up. I just wish i could stop this behaviour.


10 comments:

  1. *hugs*

    Put it behind you and just take one day at a time - maybe write a list of reasons why you want to lose weight so that you can think about it to inspire you to stick to the plan!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not bad if you still have flexies left! When I would jump off the wagon I would do it with both feet and eat like my weeklys plus some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know that I have the same problem.
    This time around I'm managing to stop it much sooner than ever before...keyword 'STOP". I'm getting back on track & continuing on & that for me is progress.
    I've been wondering if our bodies/minds NEED to do this every now & again. I don't mean a planned splurge but just a "lose my mind" kinda splurge where it seems to come out of nowhere. As long as we don't make a big deal about it & just keep going perhaps in the long run it doesn't matter to have days like this.
    I'm thinking this because I'm losing weight despite an occasional binge.
    You're going to be fine...you ARE fine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're fine. By the looks of the food/wine, I'd binge too! Glad you had a nice BBQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. you are SO FINE.
    and not just wishing to stop but working hard and searching for the answers.

    yesterday is OVAH.

    and todays a new one.
    back on plan.


    xo xo,

    MizFit

    ReplyDelete
  6. food looks yummy! You are doing great.....and it's not like you dived into a tub of fudge ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. one day isn't going to ruin all the progress you've made. Everyone needs a break once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have to learn to be able to enjoy foods we love, its a tough lesson to learn to do that in moderation. If you always deprive yourself you will set yourself up for failure. Maybe allow yourself a day a month or something like that and maybe you won't feel bad.

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that it's great that you wrote about this! Good for you for getting back on track and not holding onto it. I tend to perpetuate that kind of behavior with a lot of guilt and denial.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!!
    Good luck to you!
    Natalia

    ReplyDelete
  10. The bright side is you have flex points left. My pizza left me nada, zilch, one big fat goose egg :). But I am ok with it..it's done it's over with and that's exactly the way you should feel about it :).

    ReplyDelete