Tuesday, July 22, 2008

How far i've come

I can't believe how far i've come physically in a short time. Yesterday after doing my 5 km walk in 47 minutes i was really hot, really sweaty and you wouldn't want to get too close to me as i probably stunk pretty good, but after a few stretches i was able to pick up my backpack and walk the several block back to where i pick up the bus. When i got home i still needed to walk across the road to the big supermarket where i need to walk all over the place to pick up a couple of things. Oh and i'd already done the push up challenge in the morning ;)
How does this compare to the way i was a short time ago??
Well i can remember going to the grocery store and on the way home being that winded and sore that i would pray the traffic light would turn red so that i could get a few minutes of rest in before i had to cross the street. Now you have to remember that i have arthritis and when i'm eating junk and i'm not moving it acts up something nasty!
I remember not wanting to tie up my lace up shoes because my stomach would be pinch when i was trying to do so.
There are many other things and i'm sure i'm not the only one who has gone through them.
All i can say is that i never want to go there again if it can help it!! I still have a lot of work to do but seeing these results definitely gives me the push i need sometimes ;)

9 comments:

  1. That is amazing! I wish I had half your energy when it comes to running! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a lot easier to handle how far we have yet to go by looking back on how far we've come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have come so far, doesn't it feel so good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're an inspiration to me, Suzi!
    Having our health is everything & being able to move without discomfort & strain is a joy we can take for granted.
    Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice that you are aware of your progress and actually feel the difference.

    Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that is what motivates me to keep moving....the difference in the way I feel now compared to 3 months ago.......and it's only going to get better. We are unstoppable :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What wonderful non-scale measurements! And how great is it that you took the time to recognize them and give yourself a pat on the back. Here are some more ***backpats*** from me! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. YAY!

    keep me posted on the weights as well.
    if you need any help....


    M.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's great progress. I'm where you were, and I need to start making serious changes in my life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete