Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Memories

This morning i was reading about running/jogging, and it brought back some not so nice memories!
The only thing i can remember about health class/gym was climbing at least 100 stairs up a hill to a horse track above our school where we were told to run around. Now the not so nice memories are that i've never been able to run, that i was always 2nd last and waaaaayyy behind everyone else. Oh and my boobs were about the same size as they are now which is big! Therefore i was the brunt of all jokes for a long time.
Not surprisingly i hated gym. Oh i lie, i just thought of something i actually liked, volleyball :) And the funny thing is now i love doing physical things, except for running which after 30 seconds feels as though my legs will explode!! I am making an appointment with my dr to see what's up with my right calve and maybe if that get's fixed then running could be in my future once again :)
I really wish though that i'd been given the chance to fit in when i was younger. Given the right instruction (i.e. sports bra), and a little more understanding and i think it would have made a big difference to my health!

5 comments:

  1. Wow, I totally understand and relate! I'm glad I *finally* got around to getting active and figuring out how to enjoy and incorporate exercise into my life, but it's a shame the first 35 years were spent without it. I'm sure it would have impacted my life in great ways, but I just have to focus on how I've improved my future, since I can't change the past.

    Good luck with your calf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey there, thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment... i heard about those bagel-things but am hesitant to try - are they any good? i normally don't like my bagels toasted so i'd probably hate'em... :o(

    since your blog is new to me, i'll have to take some time and catch-up... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hated gym and never ran but guess what, I'm running now! I did the couch to 5K challenge and it really helped. I'm now averaging 5 miles but still prefer to do 4.

    Oh and do I have a sports bra for you! I bought it in the States but will do some research to see if it's available here. I'm well endowed and really need the support (esp. when running) It's by LUNAIRE and I believe it's called the Cool Max sports bra. I've had mine for 2 years and it looks great and still supports. Maybe I'll do a post about it (I need to get some more)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am and was a big-boobie girl myself ;) I hated not being able to run....

    We have so many options nowadays...just strap those puppies in and GO!!! Love the garden pics.......so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so sad, but I don't think sports bras had been invented when I was in school.:)

    I was chunky but reasonably athletic in high school. Then I lapsed, then I did better in my late 20s, then I lapsed again and stayed lapsed for a jillion years.

    No matter what happened in our pasts, the important time is NOW. You are doing great!!

    ReplyDelete