Monday, July 28, 2008

A non scale victory



Now this may seem like a little thing to most, but for those of us who are chained to the scale it was a big thing ;)
I woke up this morning feeling great ;) I'm in the bathroom and this is when i'm weighing myself. This is also where my day can start with a bang or a fizzle depending on what the scale says to me!
So i'm debating should or shouldn't i weigh myself this morning. And i came to the conclusion (which is amazing for me at that time of the morning) that no matter what the scale said i was going to have a great day. I was going to stick to plan, and i'm going to get all my exercise in today!
So this morning my scale sits unused by me ;) I don't know how many days this will last, because yes i love weighing in daily, but for today i'm not chained to it!!

9 comments:

  1. How wise you are lol, personally I weigh myself everyday, but one day thinking I was making great progress, I weighed myself and oh my God I had gained 5 pounds overnight, bad mood here I come. But something hit me, and I thought ok my clothes are still feeling loose, so what's up with the scale? so I measured and lo and behold I had lost quite a few inches, no matter what the scale said. So no I know that sometimes the scale will lie, maybe a bit of water retention, maybe I had some wholewheat pasta (which for some reason bloats me up, but not the white pasta, go figure.) So I still weigh myself everyday but with a little acquired knowledge...I don't worry about the scale anymore, although I love it when it shows less (and quick panicking when I gain 10 pounds overnight) LOL great post, saw you on Kathy's ;) who I found on Arlene's who I found on...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go Girl! A great NSV! Literally ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. GLORY BE TO EVERYTHING :)

    tosses confetti shaped like smashedBROKEN scales.


    Miz.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Skip the weigh in one day...no biggie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Scales...our best friends and our worst enemies...they mock us or reward us...but they are seldom neutral!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is quite an accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a great NSV for sure! i'm not stepping on mine again until i reach the 1-month mark (from stopping WW)... it's been great so far but we'll see what happens... :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so addicted to the scale. Its a definite love/hate realtionship. I would love to skip it, but it kinda keeps me in check. The trick is figuring out how we can not let it affect our mood. If you figure that one out, let me know!! =D

    ReplyDelete
  9. what a great early morning epiphany! You are more than a number!

    ReplyDelete