Friday, August 15, 2008

100th post ;)

Wow i can't believe this is my 100th post!! Time has flown and i'm enjoying doing it more now than ever ;) You guys make it all worth while and provide me with so much inspiration and support.

Today i got up a little earlier so that i can get a 5 km walk in before work. I've also got the push up challenge to do and here's what i'm doing with that today:
20 then rest
15 then rest
15 then rest
15 then rest
do at least 18
O.k. it's official they're trying to kill me ;)

As far as the cholesterol goes after my rant yesterday i looked up what the maximum amount you should have daily is and it turned out to be 200 mg. Yesterday it turned out to be a grand total of 40 and today is also around 40 so i'm actually doing fine with it. However i'm still going to be keeping an eye on it as i think for my health it would be pro-active ;)

Yesterday i decided to start really tuning into my body when i'm eating. I have a habit of eating my food and enjoying it until it's gone. But i know that sometimes i was actually full before i was finished but just kept going anyway. So this weekend i'm focusing on slowing down my eating and listening to my body ;) This morning i was eating my oatmeal pancakes and yep i threw away about a 1/4 of one. I was really full although i know only too well i normally would have polished off the whole thing. Major NSV for me!!

8 comments:

  1. yay for 100 posts!

    Good luck with your pushup challenge, it's amazing how hard it gets! I had to do weeks over cause I needed more time!

    Good job on keeping an eye on the cholesterol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow 100 posts. That's a lot. Keep at those push ups. I admire you for that. I am trying to watch my cholesterol as well now since I have been put on meds.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 100 posts ~~ it's amazing how fast they add up!
    I have to work on stopping when I'm full too. I always clean my plate whether I'm still hungry or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay for 100 posts and for your NSV!

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on the 100 posts mark! Wow-y girl! I use little plates and start out with toddler size portions. If I give myself more, I WILL eat it even if I am not hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy 100th post! and great job with the NSV. that is oh so important! I used to just shovel food in my mouth without thinking about how it tasted, without thinking about if I was hungry or not, if I was full, etc. It wasnt until I really started listening to myself did this click.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the 100 posts!

    You've come really far on the pushups! That's really awesome, and it proves to me that the program does work. I'm afraid I've let them slide again. Just too much going on to remember to do them :P

    I'll get to that in Galway.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on #100! And way to go with the intuitive eating.

    ReplyDelete