Tuesday, August 12, 2008

News from the dr

Well it wasn't the news i was hoping for. I thought it would be a blockage and i'd just take some blood thinners. However it turns out that my arteries near my stomach/groin are narrowing. They are not sure whether it's due to high blood pressure, because mine has been under control for a couple of years now. Or whether it's just hereditary.

The bad news is that the right one is bad and that the left one has started to do it as well.
So this means that i have to go for an angioplasty. Oh well at least my right leg will feel better!

Oh and his recommendation until i can get it done was to make sure i go for walks ;) To which i told him i had that covered!!

6 comments:

  1. Well, phooey! At least you have advance notice though!

    I'll keep you in my thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, if that isn't an incentive to keep walking...
    I'm sorry that you didn't receive a simpler/easier solution for your situation, Suzanne.
    Angioplasty is such a commonplace surgery these days that I'm sure you know you'll be 100% in no time!
    A co-worker had one done and he felt better immediately. He said it wasn't nearly as difficult as he imagined it to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you have been walking, so that will be easy for you to continue! I'm sorry to hear that you are having health problems...I'll be thinking about you!!

    Candee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your health news. I think it is better to know so you can take even better care of your health. Keep on walkin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm gonna echo the others - isn't it great that you've already been walking!

    Hope everything from here on in goes alright :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. great news about your leg - a clot would've been a lot worse, right? though it's probably not the best news, at least you know what steps to take next... you'll be good as new soon, don't worry! :o)

    ReplyDelete