Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back to normal


Yep it feel as though life is back to normal today ;)

I'm back to work today. Meals have been planned. Hubs meals are in the fridge. And it's weigh in day tomorrow!! My eating this week has been bang on despite the stress. However my exercise is sadly lacking so goodness knows what my weigh in will be.

The one big thing that was different this week was the way i handled the stress. Believe you me i was stressed to the max. And had quite a few times sitting at the computer in tears. However, i did not try to comfort my stress with food. Now that is major because that's what i would normally do.

And now that the stress has lessened i'm not left feeling guilty about the extra pounds or the binge eating that would have happened normally. And then i would have started over at day one once again!!

Don't get me wrong. If you feel you need a kick in the butt and in order to do that you start over from the beginning again, good for you. But i'm sick and tired and getting too old to want to keep doing that for the 100th time!!

On to a great weekend ;)

6 comments:

  1. Glad things are back to normal for you. Good job on controlling the stress. You rock lady bug!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that is fantastic! I know stress eating was always my downfall, so I know what a great feeling it is to conquer that urge. you had enough to worry about...the last thing you need to feel guilty about is food or weight gain, so at least you know you have that under control.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! You made a choice not to eat. What an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you were able to cope well throughout this ordeal. I'm sure no one is doubting you were stressed to the max.

    I'm sure returning back to a normal schedule will help you stay on track. Remember there are people out there rooting for you!


    Just_Kelly
    choosinglosing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I'm just catching up on your life from the past few days. Glad to hear things are getting back to normal, and your hubby and you are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hugeHUGE victory on how you handled the stress.

    Thats the one thing that can really push me backwards and, in a way, I need to remember your post and that the BIG CRY was more cathartic than the bigstackoforeos.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete