Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Back to work

Once again that time of the week has come and it's back to work!! At least i get saturday off this week ;) I see the new Jet Li and Jackie Chan movie in my future.

I've got to tell you i love the blogging world! I get so many ideas, some of the greatest support and it's just a fun place to be ;)

Remember this week i was keeping my eye on my sodium levels. Well it has indeed surprised me.
When i started i just logged in my food and would see at the end of the day how my sodium added up. Now i don't use the salt shaker and i don't cook with it unless it's for baking where an entire recipe may call for 1/2 tsp of salt. Anyway it's been eye opening. At first i was over the maximum that is the RDA 2,400 mg.
So then i started to look at the foods i was eating, which ones were the ones sending over the maximum??
Over the week i learned which foods to eat less off (processed) and which i could freely add more of (fruits and veggies)!!
My rings started to be looser, my eyes less puffy and overall i've been quite happy with the changes and i plan to sticking to them.

Oh and the bbq last night?? Awesome, great people and lots of food. However, right after the last burger came off and i was putting the hot dogs on we ran out of gas!! Oh well that's what microwaves were invented for, right?? Definitely have to the same people over again before my daughter leaves for the Netherlands in November!!

Right now i'm off to put the laundry in the dryer, go out for a walk, pick up catfood, have lunch and get ready for work!! Just your normal day ;)

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on all your weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned a lot about sodium at the Rice House, home to the Rice Diet in Durham. I never used much either, but it's amazing how it hides! If I remember correctly, the maintenance phase puts you at about 800mg of sodium, which is no small feat. I think the first phase was around 50mg. But boy did I feel good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats! Been watching the sodium carefully myself. The eye opener for me was cottage cheese! Guess it is a preservative, but at the store today I was SHOCKED to see that fat free cottage cheese had MORE sodium per serving than 1%! We need to watch those labels if we eat ANY processed foods.
    Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I wanted to say thanks for stopping by my blog. Your blogs are great, and congrats on your weight loss- you are doing awesome! I love blogs that have pictures of food, but I have to be careful, because it always makes me hungry. Oh, and look at the time- lunch is calling, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yes, sodium lurks where you'd least expect it. I have to say also that when I was drinking alcohol, my rings were tighter the next day. It doesn't go over well with my body.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I tracked my sodium...and it was in my CHEESE. Crazy, huh? I dropped pounds by quitting the fat free cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sodium I love you
    you are not good for me
    if only when I see your snax
    I did not FILL WITH GLEE.

    Miz.

    ReplyDelete