Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I need to lighten up!!

Although today is my birthday and i'm definitely going to enjoy it, this morning i was kind of beating myself over the head because i haven't exercised as much as i would have like to. As i sat and thought about it, my schedule has been out the window for the last week and i've been doing a lot more running around.

Yesterday i spent the morning with the hubs at rehab, then all afternoon i cleaned the house. This morning hubs had a dr's exam so off on the bikes we went and it probably took 20 mins there and 20 mins back.(by the way the dr says hubby is doing awesome and can go on his bike for as long as he doesn't feel he's overdoing it) And while we're out on the bikes i'm saying to the hubs that i really need to get out on my walk. He turns around and says what do you think your doing right now?? Exercising!!

Sometimes we are way too hard on ourselves. Sometimes we just need to lighten up!!

When i look back over the years i'm much healthier now than i was. I eat healthier and i enjoy it, i exercise and love it most of the time, and i think i appreciate life that much more!!

Tonight i'm going to relax and enjoy myself, tomorrow will be back to normal. (and back to rehab:)

Thank you all so very much for all the happy birthday wishes :-)

7 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday!! Yes, we do need to enjoy those special moments, so that we don´t feel like we are depriving ourselves too much.
    Hope you have a wonderful day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday!!! It sounds like you're doing great and finding exercise that doesn't feel like exercise...the best kind!

    And great the hubby got a awesome report from the doc. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday! hope you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday! Relax and give you body a day off now and then :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoy your birthday! I know what you mean about being hard on ourselves. I could be outside running around playing with my son and thinking to myself, I need to get to the gym and exercise. Hello?!

    ReplyDelete