Saturday, September 27, 2008

Why????

Why when i walk into the grocery store are they giving out free mars bars!!!! And people are taking multiple ones.

Why at work does someone bring a 6 year old in that's eating one of those mars bars and buy them a huge smiley cookie and 15 minutes later come back for a canadian maple donut for the same child????????

Why do they advertise fruit loops as whole grain and so good for you?? When there are people out there that actually believe it!!

And you wonder why diabetes is on the rise?? Childhood obesity????

Honestly i was shaking my head!!

8 comments:

  1. Fruit loops are WHOLE GRAIN!???? Hot diggity, let me go get a box!! JUST joking.....although I do like them, sugary sweet and pure badness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That makes me shake my head too. I think people get confused when they sees that something has whole grains in it. I can't remember now, but I've seen other foods doing the same, they advertise themselves as being healthy when they aren't. It'd be like seeing a greasy pizza saying it was "low sugar" or something (I don't know if it is low sugar, but I imagine you can find something it's low in, to call it "healthy").

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is the attitude of our culture...we want it all, right now and we want all of our desires fullfilled - regardless of the cost in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  4. PS your run is tomorrow, isn't it?
    good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate that they can do that. I'm becoming quite vigilant about checking labels on everything I buy. I look forward to the day I just know what to buy without checking.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's also the trick of packaging your food in that sort of natural tan colour with green writing = immediate reaction that whatever the packaging contains is "all natural"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man, yeah. My little girl had hardly had a bite of sweets in her life until she went to "PlayLand" (free babysitting while you shop) and when she was elaving they gave her a lollipop (unwrapped for her, so she could pop it in her mouth before I could say wait. How sweet) and then they also handed her a paper with a picture of a cookie on it and said, "now mommy can take you over to the bakery lady and you get a FREE COOKIE for being such a good little girl!" Oh yeah, THANKS a lot.

    ReplyDelete