Thursday, October 23, 2008

If i could only...

lose weight the way the hubs it doing!! And we eat the same foods. Although he does get snacks on top of what i eat because he obviously needs more calories ;) So far since he has left the hospital he has lost 12.6 lbs. He has lost a total of 37.6 lbs ;) Now if i did that i'd be at goal!!! I admit i'm jealous.

Maybe it's just me but i find things have slowed way down. I know sometimes i sabotage myself but sometimes things just don't go the way they used to when i was younger ;(

Sometimes i just get frustrated and then i end up binge eating and hitting myself over the head for it. Although lately i've been just shaking it off and going on with life as it comes! But sometimes i think it's just so hard to "just do it"

And often i get so hungry all i want to do is eat and eat and eat, although i know that this is not true hunger. Who else get's hungry when they are totally stuffed to the gills??

Off my soapbox and on to my day!! I have to go get ready and hopefully be able to put another great day under my belt and hope it makes a difference :-)

7 comments:

  1. Trust me, it is hard work and committment to stay with it when your spouse loses more weight than you do. I am in the same boat. Of course he does have quite a bit more than I do to lose in order to reach goal, so I am accepting of his losses and encouraging him all the time. It seems some times it bothers him when I lose so little, which I appreciate and think is cute! In the end, we will be healthy together.
    PS: He works, so takes extra fruits and veggies for snacks, so I never feel deprive he gets more to eat than me!
    Good luck and keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. trust me, I understand your frustrations! When I was losing weight, the first 15lbs came off so quick, and the closer I got to goal, the slower it came off!

    Hang in there your so close and doing so great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear that your frustrated. Believe me, I've been there. I can definately sabotage things for myself. I'm with ya with the husband thing. Although, mine is not trying to lose cuz he's already nice and thin and fit, so although different still hard. He can eat whatever he wants and not have to worry. But, I am lucky because he is very supportive. Hang in there, I know you can do it. Believe in yourself and all things are possible.

    ReplyDelete
  4. men generally have more muscle so there metabolism is cranking away :)

    I don't usually feel hungry anymore when I shouldn't be. I think the trick is getting in enough fiber and water ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. it isnt fair is it?!! that men have such an easier time with this than we do!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Men tend ti lose faster than women. And if you've been at it longer, you're slowing down when he is not yet. Keep your chin up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. my husband is the same weigh (ha ha).
    he got an admonishment from his doctor (heart as well) and it seemed lost weight on the way HOME just TALKING about the changes he should make...

    men.

    that said: WE CAN YOU CAN ALL. DO. THIS.
    have a great friday.

    ReplyDelete