Thursday, December 18, 2008

I've made my choice :)


O.k remember i said i was getting frustrated with all the different things out there?? Well one of those things was that i've been using unsweetened silk soy milk and i thought, you know everyone seems to be using almond breeze which is 1/2 the calories!!

So i decided to give the almond breeze a try! Why? just to cut down 40 calories a cup!

What did i find out? I like the silk taste better! Not only that but the nutritional facts are better:
silk                                            Almond breeze
80 cals                                      40 cals
4 g fat                                        3g fat
120mg sodium                         180mg sodium
300mg potassium                   190mg potassium
4g carb                                      2g carb
7g protein                                  1g protein
10% vit a                                   0
30% calcium                             20% calcium
10% iron                                   2% iron
45% vit D                                 0
25% riboflavin                         0

So for me i'm choosing the higher calorie but for me the best tasting :)

And i'm definitely not arguing with peoples choices but this is just one of the things that works for me !!

8 comments:

  1. My mantra: Whatever works for you is the right choice. :)

    There is a lot out there. New on the shelves - oat milk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm all about better tasting too! Especailly when the calories are so low anyways. You gotta enjoy what you are eating too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we each have to decide which works for us. I drink black coffee with Splenda, and the hubby uses ff milk. Others I know use the calories on creamers, and I accept that is their choice even though I think it is a waste. You did your homework and made the best decision for YOU! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have to agree, taste wins but good going on trying out the other. I can get stuck what I'm use to using.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yep. that's what I do as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for the recipe below too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you - there is more to making the best choices than just the calorie count. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm the opposite...Almond breeze for me. I am impressed with the nutrition of the soymilk though.

    ReplyDelete