Sunday, December 14, 2008

Weighing things again!!


So this morning i'm making egg mcmuffins for the hubs and myself and he says you know one of those english muffins is really small and one is pretty big!! Now they are weight watchers whole wheat english muffins, they are supposed to weigh 65 grams. 

So out comes the scale! One of the english muffins weighed in at 61 grams and the other weighed in at 71 grams. I realize it doesn't sound like much but if 10 things you eat in a day all weigh more than you think they do think what that would add up to over a week!! Eeeck :)

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...now that you put it that way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good call! We can't always go by what the packaging says, I guess. That's why we need to learn what a portion size looks like.

    By the way, I just want to thank you for all your nice comments. You always say the nicest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to get a scale that measures in grams. I read a post a while ago over at Lynn's Weigh and she talked about cereal servings. The box said serving size was 1 Cup or XX grams and when she weighed the cereal out on her scale the amount of grams that the box said was a serving was actually equal to 3/4 c. YIKES!! Now I just want to run screaming from my home! Sabotage everywhere!!!

    ReplyDelete