Saturday, January 10, 2009

It could be the little things :)

Wow with that many people behind me how could i fail!!

I did awesome thanks :) Not that i didn't want other things but knowing i'd be back here telling you all about it, definitely helped!!

I was reading Ron's post today and it hit home. I am sooooo close to goal i can taste it. I know what i need to do but it seems the closer i get i start to do things to sabotage myself. Nothing major, but not measuring this, adding a little extra of this because really it's healthy and doesn't matter! As Ron says he used to take the crouton's off and now he doesn't!

I can see people shake their heads and think a couple of croutons are not going to kill you! But it's not about two croutons it's about what you do all day/all week that add up in the end!! And then you step on the scale and wonder why hasn't it gone down all week. I've followed the plan and it just doesn't work.

Oops i forgot to drink my water and well yes i used to work out 5 days a week and i've only gone out once. And we wonder why we don't lose?? :)

So my challenge for today is to realize any of the little things that we're sabotaging ourselves with! Are there any things that we do that we honestly don't think about any more??

I'll tell you mine. I eat because i woke up and it's breakfast time! And then it's 12 and it's time for lunch. Doesn't matter what time i ate breakfast and that i may not be that hungry, it's lunch and it's time to eat!! You have to realize that i get home around 11 at night and i don't go to bed straight away so i sleep in and sometimes i don't get my breakfast until 9:30/10!! And after eating oatmeal i cannot be that hungry 2 hours later.

My challenge to myself this week is to eat when i am hungry, stop when i am full. I'll post later in the week and let you know how it's going :)

7 comments:

  1. I think that is a great challenge! I struggle with that, so I'm definitely going to keep that in mind!

    And great job so far!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do that. I don't get up till around 9:00-10:00 and have breakfast, then have dinner about 2:00-3:00 when I'm hungry and don't go to bed till after midnight. Mind you I'm at home all day, so I don't have to stick to a routine, like I might have to if I were working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How true it is,,, those little things do add up during the week. My challenge this week is to have better control when eating out, like I used to do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been there. It seems like the closer you get to goal the harder it is to lose. Last time I decided to take a break, "I gained most of it back in just a few short months" Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was doing so well and the evening nosh monster has reared its evil head again this week. All's I can say is, it's always something. :)I bet you meet your challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to survive the Friday temptations! Great challenge for you and very insightful post. I can totally relate to self sabotage as goal approaches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So my challenge for today is to realize any of the little things that we're sabotaging ourselves with! Are there any things that we do that we honestly don't think about any more??


    SO TRUE! Great post, thanks for bring us back to center.

    ReplyDelete