Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Not much going on today :)

Well it's blowing 50 km winds outside and throwing snow in your face. Needless to say i'm inside!!

Today i've been thinking about my eating! Whatelse is new :) Anyway i've decided to try a couple of things. Now mind you they may only last a couple of days, who knows! 

One of those things is to stop using sweetner! Why?? Because i have the worlds sweetest tooth and i think sweetners is just making me crave more.

The other things? To cut back on my carbs a bit. I'm getting cravings lately, and i find the more carbs i eat the more carbs i crave. Now i'm not going no carb by any means i simply would like to eat them earlier in the day and not eat as much of them!!

Anyone else have issues with sweetners?? Now mind you i use (in my opinion) a lot of sweetner, i bake with it, i sprinkle it here and there, i take 2 sweetners in coffee and tea! About the only thing i don't do is drink diet pop, but that's only because i don't drink any pop :) One less habit to stop!

There you have it, my plan. Oh and later on today i'm doing a DVD workout (because i'm a wussy and i don't care how pretty it is outside today i'm staying in!!)

10 comments:

  1. I too have been weening myself off the sweetener. And I decided to give up coffee for a while and switch to green tea. When I do want something sweet I've been using a little stevia.

    those chemicals in the pink/yellow/blue packet cannot be good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a very good plan!

    I have a decent sweet tooth, too. I think you may be right about the sweeteners contributing to that more.

    Good for you for giving it a try; I would have a rough time without either!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been fortunate that I do not require any extra sugar or sweeteners on anything I eat.
    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I throw a packet of Splenda in my super-huge-mug-o-java every night and go through a 2-liter of Coke Zero each week but that's about it for me & sweeteners. I'm sweet enough as it is .... except for when I haven't had my nightly super-huge-mug-o-java! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I gave most of them up. I have learned to drink my coffee with low fat milk these days. I rarely have a diet drink. When I did a lot of the artificial stuff, I felt like I had to eat all the time. Your brain processes them like sugar.....therefore the vicious cycle ;)

    Stay warm and you are SMART to not go out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. "i think sweetners is just making me crave more." It's more than just "i think". There are plenty of studies to back this up. Basically the body gets the taste of sweet without the promised calories, then it gets mad and demands those calories!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny you should bring up sweetners. Jsut this week my hubby and I decided to cut in half our Slenda in our beverages, whether coffee or tea. I was surprised to realize I was easily able to cut it in half. Good luck in your challenge, keep up the good work!@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Artificial sweeteners definitely make you crave more sweet things. Congrats on a new goal, I think it is a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I need to give up carbs (we have been eating way too much!)
    Heck, we can get 2 demi baguettes that are slightly pre-baked (we put them in the oven for 5 mins) and it only costs 0.18!
    So hard to not eat. lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll be curious to see how you do with this. I struggle with sweets too, but I'm not yet brave enough to give up my crutches! All the best to you. :)

    ReplyDelete