Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Postitive things this week....so far!

Having pumpkin protein pancakes for breakfast :) Healthy ingredients, flax seed, oats, egg whites!














Still loving my green teas!

I TOTALLY enjoyed my food :)

Glass of red wine and a square of dark chocolate!

I feel as though my body is happier and healthier with my food choices this week.

When making roast beef au jus i chose whole wheat buns over white baguettes :)

I won some freebies!!

When i went to a Board of Directors meeting last night i didn't know what they would be serving for dinner (usually is some kind of not very nice wrap) so i took my own veggies and hummus and some fruit! And since i'm realizing that i just can't have sugar, period, i won't have any of their small desserts!! (they ended up having cheesy lasagna, high fat cesear salad and french bread)













My idea of a "treat" is to pick up a coffee on my way to a meeting with a spash of soy in it :) And then have everyone tell me how awesome it smells during the meeting!! Never would have thought i'd say the word treat and not something with sugar in it :)

I love how hubby goes around telling all who will listen just how healthy we eat! His friends think i starve him to death :) He says he eats more now than he ever has!

11 comments:

  1. It's great when your husband joins you in healthy eating. :) My husband has lost a lot of weight right along with me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how awesome that you took your own meal to the meeting!! way to go...and your breakfast looks YUMMY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your food choices are looking awesome!! I'd love to get the recipe for those pancakes and for your hummus! I LOVE HUMMUS, but I feel guilty buying it cause its so expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your food choices are looking awesome!! I'd love to get the recipe for those pancakes and for your hummus! I LOVE HUMMUS, but I feel guilty buying it cause its so expensive...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can tell you are so excited about your food this week. That is so great! You are making me excited about what I will eat this evening!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pancakes look really yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've noticed that healthy, nutritious food looks way more colourful than the junk. It looks vibrant and tasty. No wonder our bodies love it so much.
    It's so neat that hubby is bragging about your new lifestyle! He's proud of you! You two are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are doing so great with your food choices, keep it up!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You know how I was saying how my stomach was acting up....I think I found the culprit!
    CARBS! Simple carbs.
    We've been eating so much white baguettes lately and my stomach is going insane!
    So I'm going to start limiting all the simple carbs this week and see if it helps. :)
    Also, I finshed day 3 of the 30 day shred yesterday D: So Sore. So today I'm just doing cardio (my legs need rest hahaha)

    ReplyDelete
  10. gah how to you just reply to teh person making the comment...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your last line is so true...the one where you said that this eating healthy is not a starvation thing...but you eat better and in some cases more! I eat more food and more variety than I EVER did before!

    ReplyDelete