Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Thank you!

Just wanted to take a minute to say thank you to everyone for their suggestions on changing my eating plans up a bit.

I have been adding snacks. I have been increasing my veggies (although i always ate them)! And i have been having great success. One of the things i notice is that at work i had 12 almonds plus a fruit or a veggie or a cheese stick and i had no problem with hunger.

Another great thing is that i've had NO cravings :) I am making sure i'm not carb heavy but i still eat them. I just try not to have a heavy carb breakfast then another heavy carb meal at lunch, and it seems to be working.

And i have truly been enjoying my meals. The one funny thing i found is that i fill up quick.  I quite often can't finish my plate at i'm full, so i usually put it back in the fridge and if i get hungry later i eat it and if i don't i don't :) Now that is a major NSV for me!!

Although i'm eating almost like i was before these little things are definitely working for me. And i've stopped counting points this week and i'm pretty relaxed about it! However i did quickly point one days worth to see how i was doing and i'm pretty bang on with them anyway. So for this week i've been putting my food into sparkpeople and i'm hitting midway on all points for the most part (protein, cals, carbs, fats etc)!

Here's to another great week for all of us! And keep the great suggestions coming i do appreciate each and every one of them :)

11 comments:

  1. Great to see you have got a nice groove going on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad it's working for you! Keeping yourself from being too hungry........convinced that is the secret to weight loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for great success! I noticed this week that I haven't been eating enough veggies - I need to improve on that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome NSV! Isn't it great to feel satisfied?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you are doing great! Keep on!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi, you are so inspiring! How do you maintain your motivation so consistently? Glad to hear you are doing so well!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. no, thank you suzi! I love reading your blog everyday, b/c it keeps me motivated!

    You should be so proud of what you have accomplished!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the NSV! I think those are the ones that mean the most. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like your have a healthy week! way to go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So important to stop and think about what you may need to change up...I know I am in the midst of doing that these past few weeks...hoping that I am finding the right combo that will work for me...

    Sounds like you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete