Monday, January 19, 2009

Today.....

Started my day with bran flakes, blueberries, banana and flax seed :)














I met my walking group and walked for an hour :) After that i walked around the park a bit to grab a couple of pictures, of course!! Sorry i do take pictures of the same things sometimes :) But i love going through the park and can't help myself!










































For lunch i had something i was brought up on, baked beans on toast. The reason i usually don't have them?? Too many points ;)  For one cup it has 240 calories!! However it also has 11 grams of fibre, only 1 gram of fat and a wopping 13 grams of protein :) So yep i ate them on two slices of very high fibre one point bread!! And yep they filled me up.

Thanks for everyone for their suggestions on snacking etc.. I'm always up for trying new things :) And saturday i will be starting some new ways of doing things and i'll be back on my other blog!

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing those pictures! I am so glad you can walk and satisfy something else you love to do at the same time :)

    Good luck with all the new stuff coming!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast looks so good!
    I LOVE baked beans on toast! I was brought up on that meal too.
    It's easy, nutritious and filling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Karen, the cereal looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMGoodness! What beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing.

    Your lunch sounds really good and healthy. Girl, don't stress over those calories when it's loaded in fiber and low in fat. You did good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of baked beans on toast, but it sure does sound good to me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't feel too guilty about eating beans ;) You may be able to make a version yourself with less calories so you can enjoy them more :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a cute green bowl your delicious breakfast is in!

    I have to ask: Is that last picture of a chair?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmmm, I agree on the cereal looking yummy. The pictures are gorgeous as always. They make me feel soo serene. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beans may be high in calories, but they are a healthy full fibre food that will stay with you for a long time (=

    Great walk pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always love your pictures...keep taking them!

    ReplyDelete
  11. make sure you send me some of those tips!
    I need more ideas for snacks....

    Also! The food at work here is insanely cheap! 0.97 for a baguette sandwich! lol
    and 0.30 for half a litre of milk!

    ReplyDelete
  12. make sure you send me some of those tips!
    I need more ideas for snacks....

    Also! The food at work here is insanely cheap! 0.97 for a baguette sandwich! lol
    and 0.30 for half a litre of milk!

    ReplyDelete