Saturday, January 31, 2009

Your right!

Ha i had to laugh when i checked my e-mail last night and the comments pretty much said "good luck on the sugar but we know you won't have it"!!

And yep i didn't have any :) The longer i'm going without sugar, the easier it is to resist! But i do have to tell you my trick. 12 almonds, yep that's right, i take almonds to have on my second break at work and it seems to help with any hunger/cravings especially with a nice hot cup of green tea ;)

I also agree with other bloggers who say to have protein. Now i don't always do it but i do try to have protein at each meal and i have been upping my fat intake a bit. Healthy fat that is, olives, olive oil, almonds etc.

So tomorrow is my official weekly weigh in day and to tell you the truth my weight has been so up and down this week i don't even want to hazard a guess where it will be! Now this is probably a combination of things. I think i'm probably doing a bit of the pre-menopause thing, but also i haven't been exercising as i usually do. And that is no ones fault but my own. Definitely something i'll be working on:)

And yes i'm back to work tonight! 

10 comments:

  1. I knew you wouldn't! I am sure you will do fine on your WI also. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am def going to try out the almonds...i've heard lots of good things about those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock! I am to avoid sugar, but it is always calling me - it is evil!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you wholeheartedly re: the longer you are without sugar, the easier it is to avoid. I have been avoiding sugar and processed flour for over a year now and I find it second nature to read food labels and such now.

    Good job on dealing with such stressful times!

    ReplyDelete
  5. good for you ;) and getting that hunger under control is so important!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh sounds super great! Love almonds!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job resisting, sugar is a drug and must be avoided!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, good for you!

    I've been reading that Clean Eating book, so I've been looking to add protein to my snacks, as well as meals, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've found protein to be a huge help in dealing with my cravings too...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yay for protein! And congrats on not having sugar!

    Not much else to say... good luck for the weigh-in :)

    ReplyDelete