Monday, February 23, 2009

People!!

Well as long as the transit doesn't go on strike, i will be meeting up with my walking group today :) I love getting extra inspiration to get added steps into my day!

I have to tell you about something i find funny lately. Because the hubs and i have lost quite a bit of weight we have had quite a few people ask us how we did it. Now honestly they want the 2 minute version. So when the hubs begins to tell them what he eats and they realize it's not as easy as running to subway they tune out!! 

It's not that it's hard! It's that it takes time and planning and committment. Take for instance yesterday before i went to work. I had prepared breakfasts and lunches but i'd also thrown in the oven a pile of veggies so that i had them to take to work for dinner and the hubs had some for his dinner. This only takes a few minutes, however it does take planning :) 
And the latest thing people are saying?? They are telling the hubby how he's lost too much and that he can't be eating enough!! Well, he turns around and says to the guys i'll make you a bet that i eat twice as much as you do. And they still don't believe him :)

13 comments:

  1. Isn't that interesting??? People want to know "how", but then don't believe you! This is part of the reason that I started my blog. People were convinced that I starve myself and even though I reassured them that I could never keep losing weight with a life of deprivation, you could still see the disbelief. Now, they go to my blog and see every little thing I put in my mouth and they come back and say, they can't believe I can eat all that and still lose weight!! Ha ha! Can't win!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your veggies look great. It is really cool that people are noticing your weight loss. I can't wait to get to that point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get the same exact thing! People will ask and then when I explain, their eyes glaze over. It's not something I can tell them in 30 seconds or less. Geez!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have heard it all too...

    "You are not eating enough." I eat twice as much when I am losing as when I am gaining. As I'm sure you know, I just eat different foods.

    "You are losing too fast." It took me well over 18 months to get near a goal.

    "You are getting too thin." My lowest BMI was 22.7 and that only lasted a couple of weeks. I started hearing that when my BMI was around 26!

    I found that "people" have their own perspectives. As long as the doctor says you're healthy, and you feel good, press on!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's totally about planning, isn't it? Those veggies look so good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. and I hope you tell them....it's not just about losing.........but about the great things you are putting into your body..........getting healthier :)............that is the AMAZING part :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so happy that you know you are both on the right track and you know well enough not to listen to people! Good job Suzi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Exactly. I eat more now than I used to, too. Funny how that works. :)

    My main answer is usually exercise. That sure makes people frown in a hurry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is exactly why I never follow through with my diets. I know it needs time and commitment and it´s something I have too little of. Unfortunately! But I love that you are so strong and that you help your husband too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats to both of you... you are doing so good!

    ReplyDelete
  11. My hubby gets the same kind of comments that yours does. Or he getstold he is getting "too skinny."

    I think people don't really want to know how we do it, because it's not just some quick fix.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can answer in 30 seconds. I eat less and better, and exercise lots. Moderate fat, moderate protein, not too much fried or desserts, high produce.

    ReplyDelete