Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Today...(an original title) lol

So my new shoes took me on a walk today :) I'm definitely loving them!! Oh and yesterday i ended up getting 14,000 steps in.

So yesterday i had my interview to join the group that's doing the walking/yoga/Y membership thing. And i got a great compliment, we were doing blood pressure, weight etc and she asked to measure my waist. So i lifted my top up and she said wow you have a tiny waist :) O.k once again i have a perma grin on!

Today i'm going to cardio rehab with the hubs for his stress test. He finishes cardio rehab next week, that will make 4 and 1/2 months he's been going! And he's done great. We figure he has about 3 more pounds to get to his goal :) So far he's lost 56 lbs. Yep he's going to have a special valentines day this year!!

On a totally different topic, i'm thinking about making my own hummus. Does anyone have a great recipe they use?? Could you share it pretty please??

I can feel this is going to be a great week!!

10 comments:

  1. * 1 16 oz can of chickpeas or garbanzo beans
    * 1/4 cup liquid from can of chickpeas
    * 3-5 tablespoons lemon juice (depending on taste)
    * 1 1/2 tablespoons tahini
    * 2 cloves garlic, crushed
    * 1/2 teaspoon salt
    * 2 tablespoons olive oil

    Preparation:
    Drain chickpeas and set aside liquid from can. Combine remaining ingredients in blender or food processor. Add 1/4 cup of liquid from chickpeas. Blend for 3-5 minutes on low until thoroughly mixed and smooth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got a Peanut Butter/Yogurt base hummus from WW on line that I like. I don't like buying tahini because I never use it fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't have a recipe but I love the Trader Joe's white bean hummus. If you get a chance, try it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think Roni has one :) I love hummus.

    Tiny waist ;)..........you should be able to live on that compliment for a long time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tiny is a great compliment! I'd be grinning, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd have a perma-smile too with that 'tiny waist' comment! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Here's my simple PB recipe:
    15oz can of garbanzo beans-drained
    1 clove of garlic crushed
    1 TBS of lemon juice
    1 TBS of peanut butter
    6 oz. of vanilla yogurt
    1 tsp of salt

    Easy as mixing it all together and letting it chill for a while. Adding a little of the garbanzo juice would be up to you as it can be a little dry till it sets for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay on the tiny waist comment! Those types of things just make my day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. 14,000 steps - holy cannoli, you are a steppin' queen!

    ReplyDelete