Wednesday, February 18, 2009

A walking i will go!

So todays plan is to go mall walking with my friend while the hubs is at his last cardio rehab session! I love doing this and get lots catching up with my friend as well :)

Hubs loved his Valentines day stuff!! And was beaming from ear to ear.

As far as cutting my carbs that is going well so far. I actually feel "normal" this week. I don't think about sugar 24/7 and i'm not bothered by others eating it right in front of me :)

Exercise?? Has also been good so far this week, but this is what i did last week and the end of the week the exercise kind of fell off. So this week i have a new plan, on days i work i'm getting up an hour early so i can get some sort of exercise in!

I do find one thing hard and that is getting enough veggies in! Any great ideas?? I'm just getting bad at having broccoli and cauliflower all the time and although i love them i need other suggestions :)

12 comments:

  1. Have you tried roasting zucchini and yellow summer squash? I sprinkle a little garlic powder and pepper on them, and they make great snacks or sides with dinner. :o )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job sticking to your plans! You're doing awesome. I can't believe you're only 8 pounds from your goal!! Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I keep a small package of baby carrots and an apple (plus a banana if I have one) with me and available every day. It's simple and curbs the appetite when I find myself snacky.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also love to roast zucchini, carrots,onion peppers,with a little live oil salt and pepper.
    How about asparagus? it grills really quick.BTW? I was wondering how you make your protein pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you ever considered juicing? It makes it easier to get in lots of extra veggie servings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you are doing great! :) I like to buy frozen veggies, there's a stir fry one that has the mini corn, snap peas and water chestnuts. Tastes great with chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think it's really neat that you're only a few pounds from reaching your goal! That's amazing! I'm jealous, I still have about 28 more pounds to go 'till I get to my goal weight, but I know that eventually I will get there. You're doing awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fruits and Veggies.....no other thing other than to just make it your priority. Some weeks I feel as if I'm eating the same fruits and veggies over and over again. Those are the weeks that drive me to roam and look more carefully in the produce section of my grocery store AND the freezer veggie aisle! Ohhh thank goodness summer is on it's way...that will help expand our options!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm much better at the fruits than veggies, but try to add the veggies in whenever possible. Sneak it into sauces, add it into our taco meat, spaghetti, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have to get up early to exercise to ensure that I do it. I tend to eat the same broccoli califlower and carrots as my veggies! Keep eating healthy and exercising.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I get alot of veggies through soups, I make lots of soups and freeze them into little portions for lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oy I have a hard time with getting veggies in myself hehe.

    Thanks for stopping by :-)

    ReplyDelete