Thursday, March 19, 2009

And the results....

First i walked to and from the dr's so that's 45 mins of walking for 5 days out of 7!!

Now for the Dr's news:

My good cholesterol HDL is 58 and good is considered between 50-60 so that is great :)

My triglycerides are normal

My LDL bad cholesterol is high 161!!

But i'm already taking something to help lower it as well as doing everything else possible! So the doc and i agreed with what i am doing. The only problem is that the arthritis medications i'm on have a lot of side effects. And one of them is that long term use (and i've been on them since i was 22) increases your risk of heart attack by 70%. So we're trying to stop one of the medications and if i can't go without it, he's prescribed another one that has the least amount of side effects.

Now for the good news, although my one kidney is very small and hardly functioning, my kidney function tests came back at low/normal. So we're just going to keep an eye on them and i have to have bloodwork/+other tests done every three months.

Other than that he says i'm doing everything i can do :)

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got some good results and are doing everything you can to help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well that's good. you're doing everything you can do and it's helping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear your news and that it is all positive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds good ;)! Great GOOD cholesterol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds pretty good! Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great HDLS!
    we're working hard around here to get my husbands upupup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's nice to hear from your doctor that you're doing what you should be doing. Sometimes you can be doing everything right, but genes still influence the result. Glad you're taking something for the LDL. Hooray for your HDL, triglycerides, and kidney function tests. I get my next cholesterol test next month & I'm hoping to see some improvements, too.

    I hope the change in your arthritis medication goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooo hooo for great test results! And as for the cholesterol....I lost half of my weight and my cholesterol was still on the high end (the LDL's)....but as I lost more and more weight, the cholesterol started to drop. So keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on walking to the docs! Glad to hear some good new in there. :)

    ReplyDelete