Monday, April 20, 2009

This was delicious

I made this yesterday for my breakfast because i got up late and didn't want to eat too heavy that late in the morning :) I bring you my green monster!! It was actually a great smoothie, nice taste and it stuck with me till i ate lunch.

1 banana frozen in chunks
1/4c pineapple
1/3c mango
1c soy
1/2 serving of protein powder (due to the fact i don't have much left :)
a big handful of baby spinach

I tossed all in the blender and voila. Don't be afraid to try new things!

Today's plan: i'm off to volunteer to stuff envelopes this morning and then i go to meet my walking group. And hopefully pictures will be up later today! Oh and i do plan on putting a couple of surprises in with the oatmeal give away :) Will post the winners tomorrow.

7 comments:

  1. I like different kinds of smoothies, but that green color I have never had yet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great! I love mango and spinach. I will have to try this combo some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a good day to me :)
    What kind of protein powder do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suzi,

    About that oatmeal: in my opinion, this "weight loss" oatmeal that's packed with sugar or sugar substitute (?) is a disgusting marketing ploy. I love oatmeal (though I didn't make my list, it probably should have), but I'm sure it tastes a lot better and is a lot healthier with a handful of dried fruit pieces cooked in and a splash of real maple syrup. With the dried fruit, you don't even need the maple syrup!

    Just my opinion... and I certainly think it's nice of you to try and get some freebies for your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  5. If everybody keeps posting about their smoothies, I'm going to have to break down and try one. Yours actually sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Who would have thought to add spinach to a fruit drink? You are truly "inventive" :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been wanting to give the 'green' smoothie a try.. did you just use a regular blender?

    ReplyDelete