Friday, August 14, 2009

I'm trying!


Well today i put all my food in my food journal planner and it showed that i was low in iron. So i started to look around the house for something with iron in it. Guess this is the one day when i could have used some spinach and didn't have any :)

Anyway i came across Kellogg's muslix banana nut and a cup has 60% of your iron for a day. Sweet, a little high in calories so i just munched 1/2 a cup.

Lately i have actually been staying within my healthy numbers for calories, carbs, fat and vitamins so all is good.

Getting a little nervous as surgery comes Wednesday. But also glad to be getting it done!

Jen leaves tomorrow morning to head back to Holland. I'm am definitely going to miss her and i loved having her here :) Then again we do the video camera thing and i can "see" her next week!

Next week i get my new camera. The one someone gave me has been working but it is a little bigger and heavier and i don't have a manual for it. But it definitely did an awesome job inbetween camera's.

Hope everyone has a great weekend

5 comments:

  1. As my surgeon told me ... why are you nervous? You'll be asleep. I'm the one that has to do the work and then she laughed. :D
    If you're really nervous ask if you can have an Ativan beforehand when you meet with the anesthesiologist assuming they're doing pre-op assessment. You will be relaxed enough to do the surgery yourself. I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  2. the anticipation is the worst, but it really does go fast and next thing you know it's all over.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who's that in the picture? Iron is an important part of any diet/health program. If you need something with more iron and low in calories I suggest the herbalife shakes I take, less than 200 calories and high in iron, I put a pic today that shows how much. Just sharing.
    I hope the surgery goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the above, it'll be over before you realize. Have you ever had one of those nights where it fels like you close your eyes for a few seconds and then BAM---open them and it's morning all of a sudden? I think it will be like that. My one and only surgery (had my tonsils removed--old days---when a hospital stay was part of the deal)was exactly like that.
    You've done so amazing Suzi, it's just awesome. What a fantastic inspiration for so many!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had surgery a few weeks ago. I got there, changed, got the IV, walked into the surgery room, laid down, they put the mask over my nose and then I was awake and it was all over. Nothing to be nervous of at all!

    I hope all goes well for you.

    ReplyDelete