Thursday, September 17, 2009

Look what the postman brought!

Yep i was contacted by a Canadian company, Epicure to review a product for them :) And they gave me a choice of which one i'd like to try. I decided to try the Canadian Maple brined turkey kit for turkey! So i think i will give it a try at Thanksgiving (which in Canada is in October) with a turkey. The brining kit contained black peppercorns, a maple fruit dip blend, a turkey rub and a container of mulling spices that honestly smell out of this world, oh and brining bags as well :)

They also sent me a wonderful cookbook and after looking at it i realize i need some of their spice blends. Especially the greek one :) These are not cheap but they are very high quality and are definitely interesting. I will be using the maple fruit dip blend soon!

Also included were 2 reusable shopping bags. I don't know about you but i can never get too many.

So i will update on how the brine turns out and in the meantime i have two reusable bags to give away. Just leave me a comment and i will use the random # gadget to pick two people to send them to. You can live anywhere and i will send it to you. If you don't have a blog please leave your e-mail so i know how to contact you !

Thank you epicure for allowing me to test your products. Stay tuned for Thanksgiving :)

Forgot to say i'll draw the winner Monday September 21.


18 comments:

  1. Canadian Thanksgiving, eh?
    When's dinner?
    Sounds "nurturing!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds absolutely amazing! Last year I brined a turkey for the first time (ala Alton Brown) and it was the most amazing turkey I've ever made in my life. A bit of work, but worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a fun project - I'm excited to hear how it turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! Cant wait to hear how the turkey turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh! Can't wait to hear how the turkey turns out! I'll be sad to be missing it though :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am I the only one that did not know Canada celebrated Thanksgiving in October?? I guess it's good to learn something everyday! Great package in the mail...I'm excited to see your Thanksgiving creation!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I didn't realize that Thanksgiving is in October in Canada. I love Thanksgiving, the sooner the better.
    The food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that Thanksgiving is in October in Canada. I love Thanksgiving, the sooner the better.
    The food looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Count me in drawing for the bags please! Never heard of brining a turkey? Just soak it in the water and spices?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love brining!!! Turkey is particularly wonderful when brined, but so is pork tenderloin, pork roasts and shoulders. You're going to love the brined turkey. I've not used a maple brine, but I've done several other types. I'll be standing by for your opinion on the results. My bet is that you'll love it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hate to double post, but I just thought about how much I love T'giving, so now I'm going to celebrate it in both Oct. along with my Canadian friends, and then again in Nov. Perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've read so many blogs that rave about epicure but I haven't found any in my area yet...hopefully soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Didn't know you had Thanksgiving in Canada, I think it's a great tradition, wish we had it over here.

    Forgive my ignorance but what is "Brining"? Is it a way of preserving food?

    I love the photo's looks like really good products.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is sooo cool! I can't wait to see how your turkey turns out. Why is Thanksgiving celebrated in October in Canada? Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm sure your turkey will be delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Epicure? I'll search for them in Texas. How fun that they found you & asked you to try their products!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Epicure is awesome. I am a huge fan of the Tyee fish rub.

    I use the Herb and Garlic mix for dip, in sauces, and soups. The Ceasar salad dressing is also delish. My SIL is *supposed* to be having an epicure party in the near future and I plan on making a huge dent in my order form.

    ReplyDelete