Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Thanksgiving update

Yesterday i tried the Canadian Maple brine that was sent to me from Epicure which is a Canadian company :)

They have not paid me or asked me to give a favourable review. However, that being said it was one of the best turkeys my family has ever had! It was moist, and had a wonderful flavour. I will definitely do it again for Christmas. Next time i will take the suggestion to add maple syrup to the olive oil and spice rub. Hey i'm Canadian what can i say??

Unfortunately i haven't got many pictures of Alex as he hates his picture being taken but i got one in and i'm hoping to sneak a few more this week :) He still hadn't got his luggage which was why he didn't want to have his picture taken.

And snuffy lay on top of the freezer watching all the goings on during dinner!

10 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm hungry after reading this post! You always leave us such great comments and have the best pics. I want to go walking with you every time I see your pics.

    Thanks for always encouraging us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woops! I got a little click happy there and posted twice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hm, that pie looks so good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo's again:)

    I havbe got to try pumpkin pie, it looks heavenly...drool, drool...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a firm believer in brining a turkey, chicken and even a pork roast. It just adds so much flavor and moisture, doesn't it? Your dinner looks quite wonderful. Makes me long for pumpkin pie. I'll wait for T'giving here in the States, tho'. Don't want to upset my new resolve. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your dinner looks so great and I live for epicure! Love their seasonings especially the bacon, cheese and onion seasoning it's so great on potatoes.

    The tirimasu seasoning is so great in banana bread, it takes the place of chocolate chips in my household :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Was that pumpkin pie in the photos?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, now I want some pie!!! I'm glad you had a great day. I love the picture of a man washing dishes!! Beautiful. . .

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice pics, food looks awesome, so does your family

    ReplyDelete