I went on a very cold 60 minute walk :) And loved it!! I'm so glad to be getting back into routine. I wasn't the only one having fun in the woods..
Wednesday, September 30, 2009
And yep i'm still sick! However i've decided to stop having a self pity party and get back to being normal :)
I've come to the conclusion that eating a lot of junk when sick does not make you feel better, in fact it makes you feel worse.
Not getting out for my walks does not give me more energy.
So it's time to get back to doing what i know works for me :) Sorry i've taken a long break but maybe i needed it.
So onto question day:
1. How do you get your mojo/motivation back when it's sadly lacking??
2. How many times a day do you eat?
3. What temperature is it today where you live?
4.What exercise equipment do you own? Is there anything you'd like to have but don't?
5. Are you planning on eating any Halloween candy? Or staying well away from it?
Friday, September 25, 2009
I've already applied for a new health card. So that's one thing crossed off of my list!
I'm almost out the door for a specialist appointment. Which will be two things off of my list :)
Tomorrow i pick up my freebies for the 5K on Sunday. I'm still debating about whether i should go to that or not, as i still have a cold and a bad cough.
Sunday is the race.
Monday i go get my drivers licence. Haven't heard anything about whether i need to move or not yet but i will take that as it comes.
Today i will drink my water and eat mindfully! Hope you guys have a great weekend.
Wednesday, September 23, 2009
First i'm still sick!
Got on my bike and pedaled my butt to the health card office to renew my health card-Done
In the mail today i found a letter from housing, they want us to move from our townhouse to an apartment because the kids are no longer here. I will fight to stay here as we've been here 9 years and it is our home. Plus i've still got all my daughters stuff here! (A lot of stuff :)
Have to get my drivers licence before the end of the month and where i would normally go is on strike so i've had to ask a friend if she could drive me there on Monday.
Please let this week be over soon :)
1. Do you watch sports?? Which is your favorite?
2. What is the weather like today where you are?
3. What pets do you have?
4. How do you usually celebrate your birthday?
5. How many days a week are you exercising?
6. What have you done today to make yourself proud?
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
I was supposed to go to a board meeting today and have official pictures taken! However, my body had other plans. Honestly i don't even have energy to get dressed today :( I'm definitely sick.
I have been fighting this for a few days and today was the worst. So i decided to stay home today and rest. As far as eating, honestly i'm eating whatever i feel like today because to tell you the truth eating salad would just make me nauseous!
So right now i've been laying on the couch for the last hour and vegging. Hope to be back to normal soon.
Monday, September 21, 2009
I went to stuff envelopes today and following that i went for my walk, even though it's raining here :)
I don't think i've told you that i'm registered for a 5K walk this Sunday. That should be fun!!
This afternoon i've got to go get my haircut as the board of directors are getting formal pictures taken tomorrow. I figured i may as well look tidy.
Here's some photo's of my walk today:
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Last weeks goals:
1. Continue to exercise and aim for 5 days this week.I managed to get 5 days worth in :)
2. Stay with my healthy eating!- I veered off course one day but i've have a great week otherwise!
3. This week is going to be a very busy one for me as i've planned a picnic and games afternoon for around 200 people! I have to take some ME time as well.- I had a great time at the picnic and it went very smoothly. I also did take some me time.
4. Dye my hair-I now have redder(sp) hair :)
This weeks goals:
1. Since i'm in a walking race on September 27, i need to get these feet walking more this week.
2. I feel like i'm trying to fight off a cold so this week i'm going to listen to my body and baby myself a bit :)
3. Get organized on my menu planning and make my grocery list up.
4. Another busy week! Enjoy myself and don't get too stressed.
Monday-volunteering to stuff over 400 envelopes
-going to my walking group
-getting hair cut
Tuesday- Board of directors meeting
- official photo's taken of the board members
-need to get a new health card this week
-need to renew my drivers licence this week
Wednesday- cooking class
Thursday-back to work
Friday - work
- have to go to specialist before work
Saturday, September 19, 2009
Friday, September 18, 2009
Barbara's peanut butter puffins! Honestly i love them as a cereal and i love them as a snack. They absolutely hit a sweet spot when i'm munchy.
Silk unsweetned original soy milk.
Cheese, although i do try to limit it :)
Mini grahams from Mr. Christie.
Preventia cookies-loaded with vitamins including iron :) And taste good to boot!
A good steak-I don't eat much red meat but i do love a good steak every now and then
A good cup of tea- Always makes me feel better!
Oatmeal and oatbran
My protein pancakes
Going on a quiet walk by myself
A good book!
And on and on, i have to stop or i'd never finish this post :)
What are some of your favorite things??
Thursday, September 17, 2009
Yep i was contacted by a Canadian company, Epicure to review a product for them :) And they gave me a choice of which one i'd like to try. I decided to try the Canadian Maple brined turkey kit for turkey! So i think i will give it a try at Thanksgiving (which in Canada is in October) with a turkey. The brining kit contained black peppercorns, a maple fruit dip blend, a turkey rub and a container of mulling spices that honestly smell out of this world, oh and brining bags as well :)
They also sent me a wonderful cookbook and after looking at it i realize i need some of their spice blends. Especially the greek one :) These are not cheap but they are very high quality and are definitely interesting. I will be using the maple fruit dip blend soon!
Also included were 2 reusable shopping bags. I don't know about you but i can never get too many.
So i will update on how the brine turns out and in the meantime i have two reusable bags to give away. Just leave me a comment and i will use the random # gadget to pick two people to send them to. You can live anywhere and i will send it to you. If you don't have a blog please leave your e-mail so i know how to contact you !
Thank you epicure for allowing me to test your products. Stay tuned for Thanksgiving :)
Forgot to say i'll draw the winner Monday September 21.
Wednesday, September 16, 2009
Hope you enjoy these:
1. What are some of the things you pack to eat at work??
2. Do you have any fall traditions??
3. If you were to give someone advice on how to start being healthy what would you say?
4. Do you dye your hair?
5. Have you tried figs? What do you do with them?
Tuesday, September 15, 2009
Monday, September 14, 2009
Today was so busy, but so wonderful!!
First i had a council meeting where i volunteer. Then i was off to meet up with my walking group, which is always awesome.
After i got to meet a fellow blogger :)
It was absolutely awesome to meet Wendy!! I had such fun and finally someone i could talk to who knew what i was talking about. She is fantastic and honestly i could have talked to her all
day :) I admit i was a little bit apprehensive but she quickly put me at ease! Thanks for a great afternoon.
Tomorrow i have the annual picnic that i help to plan, it will be a blast. We have egg races, water baloon toss, hula hoops etc and yep photos will be taken :)
I did manage to take a few pictures today:
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Last weeks goals:
1. Keep drinking my water.-managed to do this everyday!
2. Exercise this week. I'll start tomorrow by meeting with my walking group :)-I exercised 4x this week which is more than last week.
3. Stay on my plan, veered off for a few days last week.-I did pretty good on this one, i had one day that wasn't the best but i didn't do too bad.
4. Chillax!!-I've been practicing :)
This weeks goals:
1. Continue to exercise and aim for 5 days this week.
2. Stay on plan!!
3. This week is going to be a very busy one for me as i've planned a picnic and games afternoon for around 200 people! I have to take some ME time as well.
4. Dye my hair
What are your goals for this week??
Saturday, September 12, 2009
Friday, September 11, 2009
Today as my snack i had put a muffin there. However when i woke up i realized i didn't have any :)
I found a package of fat free banana muffin mix in my cupboard and decided to make that with raisins. What i used to do when making something was to have at least one right away, because i have to make sure they taste alright. Not today. Today i made them, even gave them to my hubby for breakfast. They are still sitting there. I do have one planned as an afternoon snack.
Wow that is a major hurdle for me!!
Anyway, today i did manage to get off of my duff and go for a nice walk. And as proof i leave you with some pictures. Have a great weekend guys :) And stay healthy.
Thursday, September 10, 2009
So today is back to work. Oh well, i guess my days off can't last forever :)
Today i started my day with Pumpkin pie protein pancakes with figs. Delish!! And pumpkin reminds me of fall.
It is a beautiful day here, so did i get out on a walk?? NO I have got to start getting up off of my lazy butt and move!!
Next week i have a few bloggers stopping by :) One is coming Monday and i've arranged to hopefully meet here after my walking group!
Have a happy healthy day!!
Wednesday, September 9, 2009
I get to go to some more cooking classes held by a nutritionist! It's pretty simple cooking but healthy delicious foods :) I'm so looking forward to it. And when these classes stop we start yoga.
So today for exercise i walked to the cooking classes.
Today we made a greek beefy pitas, barley and green bean salad, fig crisp. And the best thing?? Someone donated a giant container of figs, so i took some home to freeze :)
All in all a great day!
1. Do you add salt to your foods??
2. Do you find yourself watching what other people eat/buy at the grocery store??
3. What's your favorite orange? I just saw minneola's in the grocery store and i love them :)
4. What is your favorite holiday??
5. If you read magazines which one is your favorite??
6. Do you watch certain movies at christmas time?? Which ones?