I had a great time at the craft afternoon :) And even the 45 minute walk there was so nice, and gave me some red cheeks!
Monday, November 30, 2009
In absolutely random order (or as i think of them:)
1. I can go to a movie and have a bottle of water to drink and no snacks and still have a great time!
2. I love making a pot of green tea and spending a morning drinking it.
3. I don't need to have dip to eat my veggies.
4. Sometimes the simplest of foods brings a smile to my face and tummy :)
5. A cup of tea can cure most things
6. You can never smile too much or listen too much
7. I love post its
8. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day
9. I could swim in all the water i've drank this year
10. Taking photo's is definitely stress relieving
11. I'm addicted to blog reading
12. I have the most loving and supportive family ever :)
13. Trying new things can be fun
14. I love freebies!! Can never have too many
15. One of my favorite things is oatmeal
16. I may complain about winter/snow but there's nothing better than getting dressed warmly, pulling on a hat and trudging through snow up to my knees (by the way remind me of this when i'm complaining)
17. Having great friends makes the journey easier
18. I can find beauty anywhere
19. I am so glad that i blog :)
20. I love NM for their food journal and the wonderful people in the chat room!
21. Just do it!!!
And probably 101 more things but that's all for now folks :) What are some of the things you have learned on your journey???
Sunday, November 29, 2009
This week was a great one! I ate really healthy tasty foods :) I exercised 6 out of 7 days, i drank my water and my stress has been pretty low.
Tomorrow i've planned a craft afternoon where i volunteer so that should be fun.
December 8 is the Christmas party for over 250 people! Did i happen to tell you that i make 22 bags of cranberries every year for it :) The house smells wonderful when i do that.
Now onto my goals, these were my goals last week:
1. Walk 5 days this week and go to yoga-Actually exercised 6 days this week :)
2. I have to eat out 2 days in a row this week so i just want to make the best choices i can-I was really happy with the choices i made
3. Catch up around the house, hopefully :)-ummmmm well at least a little bit
4. Make sure i drink my water, got a little behind last week-managed to drink at least 8 cups everyday
5. Just have a great week and be very happy!-this week was a definite yes!!!
This weeks goals:
1. Lift some weights
2. Start decorating the house for Christmas
3. Stay away from the goodies that end up on our staff table at work :)
4. Sort one more cupboard in the kitchen
5. I'll say it again, have fun!!
What are your goals for this week and how did you do last week??
Saturday, November 28, 2009
This morning my alarm went off louder than usual, at least to me! And i lay there for several minutes arguing with myself about whether to get my butt out of bed or should i set the alarm for an hour and go back to sleep.
Grudgingly i climbed out of bed for some reason i was craving a sweet drink but i stopped and remembered that having water and green tea had been great all week and why stop!
Instead of doing a few things around the house i went straight on the computer. In fact i ate my brekkie while on the computer :)
No sooner had i finished with reading on the computer (does it ever really stop?) than i thought i should get ready for my walk. No i really wanted to keep my butt on the computer chair and veg!!
In the end i very begrudgingly hauled my butt off the chair and went upstairs to get ready, my legs feeling heavy the whole time.
Once dressed i thought to myself i'd just go for a short walk as i wasn't really into it today.
Well an hour later with a glow in my cheeks i'm feeling great and full of energy :)
Some days it does pay to argue with yourself.
What are your plans for today????
Friday, November 27, 2009
Thursday, November 26, 2009
My youngest turns 22 today!!! Just seems like yesterday i was in the hospital having him :)
Alex is such a sweet person. He has the kindest nature, and always makes time for others. He is also so much like me it's scary sometimes :=)
Alex has two main things he loves, his family and sleeping!!
Miss you Alex! Have a great birthday
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
1. What is your favorite colour?
2. Favorite yogurt flavor?
3. If you celebrate Christmas have you started shopping for presents yet?
4. What exercise equipment do you have at home?
5. Do you use the answer to question #4 ?
6. What colour top are you wearing today?
Have a fun day!!
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Yes tonight i'm off to a board of director meeting where they have dinner catered tonight! No idea what i will have yet, but i do know they usually have salad so i'll probably have a big salad and a little of whatever else they have :)
Do you see today's squirrel? He looks like one of the branches :)
To help make sure i don't gain from the dinner i did another hour walk today! No sitting around this week, tomorrow is yoga.
And yes i will eventually i hope make a vlog post but it may take time as i'm not technologically smart! There are still things on my digital camera i haven't figured out yet :)
Oh and when i peaked in the mailbox i got a nice surprise!! A free long sleeve t-shirt from NutriMirror which i won when i was in a challenge to stay "green" for a month! Green being within nutritionally healthy numbers, calcium, carbs, fat, protein etc. When you join this free website and enter your foods the goal is to get all your food journal looking green :) It works for me, i love that site!
Monday, November 23, 2009
Tonight was the work Christmas dinner at a all you can eat Chinese buffet!
First of all we got a surprise because we won the platinum award for inspections :) We usually win that every year! We scored 97% on our inspections this year!
So what did we get??? A digital video camcorder with 8x zoom!! Look out i may have to start doing the odd vlog now and then.
So what did i eat? Well i started with a nice green salad with mushrooms and snap peas and a couple of cold shrimp. I added maybe a tsp of italian dressing.
Then it was up for a pile of veggies, broccoli, cauliflower, green beans, mushrooms, and some seafood. Mussels, shrimp and more shrimp and some crab. Which is exactly what i had planned on having :)
For dessert?? Half a kiwi and a sliver (and i do mean sliver) of cake!
And my beverage of choice?? 2 glasses of water and 2 pots of green tea
All in all i enjoyed myself, i'm not overly stuffed and now i'm chillaxing and wondering how hard it's going to be to learn how to use the camcorder.
Success at an all you can eat buffet.
Well tonight i have an all you can eat Chinese buffet to go to!
How am i going to handle this? Well for one thing i've eaten lighter so far for breakfast and lunch so i have plenty of points/calories left for dinner. And since i've been doing this since the dinosaur age i'm going to have a pretty good guess about what can i eat without overdoing it :)
Another thing i've done is to go on a walk to a meeting i had today and this afternoon i'm popping my shoes on to get another walk in, and hopefully taking a few pictures.
The only thing i'm going to drink at the buffet will be water and green tea. I've decided i'd rather come home and have a glass of good wine with the hubs and a movie than drink there which may make me a little too relaxed on eating and hard on the pocket book :)
I'll be back soon with pictures from my walk.
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Here how last weeks goals went:
1. Find a couple of new exercises to do this week-Does learning some new yoga count :)
2. Make more soup! I love homemade soup-made more split pea soup with ham
3. Start deleting pictures on the comp that i don't need-Weeeeeeel i started, maybe?
4. Relax and choose to go with the flow :)-that i have after having a bit of a meltdown
5. Do more cleaning and decluttering!-ummmm not:)
6. Never give up!-i never do!!
This weeks goals:
1. Walk 5 days this week and go to yoga
2. I have to eat out 2 days in a row this week so i just want to make the best choices i can
3. Catch up around the house, hopefully :)
4. Make sure i drink my water, got a little behind last week
5. Just have a great week and be very happy!
Friday, November 20, 2009
I usually only post my full days meals on my other blog :) But today all my food seems to be making me smile, even the leftovers!
Breakfast: cereal, with dried fruit, banana and skim milk
Lunch:raw veggies, no salt crackers, chipotle cream cheese, mixed berries
Dinner to take to work:leftover chicken, leftover potato, leftover gravy, cranberry sauce made with sweetener, leftover stuffing
I'm definitely looking forward to dinner at work tonight :)