Thursday, January 7, 2010

Back to work!!


Yep it's going to be a busy day in donut land tonight :) They are having a special buy any beverage and get any donut for .49!  And i will have to argue with people that yes you do have to have a beverage at the same time, and no the coffee you had three hours ago doesn't count!!

So i've been trying to figure out the best way for me to workout at the gym. I think i'm going to do a circuit on the machines and then go on either the elliptical or the treadmill or both since i can't stay on the elliptical too long without thinking i'm going to die :)

As far as my eating goes i've decided to break up my meals into two and eat every 21/2-3 hours! Since i've been really snacky lately.

However, i'm finding the sitting at the table with no distractions is working. I've been eating slower and filling up quicker. It is really hard sometimes but i really think it is worth it.

I also really need to get back into my walks outside. I really do enjoy them, but sometimes when it's as cold as it has been this week i make all kinds of excuses not to.

Have a great day!!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhhhh, donuts!! I remember them so fondly. How DO you do it? Being around those wonderful little morsels of goodness all day? I'm impressed at your will power. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm drooling...donuts! How I miss them! .49 cents! Luckily I'm not close by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate the cold. The snow I could walk in, but the cold can go to Canada ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those donuts look delicious! I don't know how you could work around them all day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gett'er Done Suzi!!! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do they have to make donuts looks so darn good?! I don't even like them and those look appealing to me. :o)

    Great job on getting in the gym! I really love the gym in the extreme seasons; winter and summer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. no comment on that donut photo except argggg!
    When I first started at the gym 2 yrs ago I could only do 5 minutes on the elliptical and I can do about 30 minutes now. But even more effective is to do sprints of 8-10 seconds very fast alternating with a regular speed, and then increasing the time of the sprints over time. I recommend alternating your use of the equipment too. Some days of the week I'll do a 10/10/10--10 min bike/10 ellip/ 10 treadmill and other days I'll do time just on one machine . I've worked with a trainer and read a great bit and keeping it fresh , changing things up gives the best results. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use to love donut's at work. The other women would eat them all day! Now I see a donut and Ithink what I can enjoy more and keep me green....then the little devil women sitting on my shoulder says...eat just one, just one! Log it and keep on going!

    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found your blog and it is ADORABLE!! I can't wait to dig into it more tonight after work. Keep up the great work!!
    Have fun on the elliptical!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Those donuts look delicious. I don't know how you do it.

    Sounds like you have a good plan for the gym. I'm happy to hear that eating at the table is working for you. My boyfriend and I are planning on trying that as soon as we move and have our table set up again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. If I worked where you do there'd be absolutely NO hope of weightloss for me. I worked at a Dairy Queen one summer in college. Bad move on my part.

    ReplyDelete