Wednesday, January 20, 2010

I am stronger than i thought :)

Today i went off to the YMCA again.  Our trainer was showing us some the weight machines in the gym.

For each machine she showed us, she had all of us take turns using it so she could critique our form :)

Well in my group there were 5 guys and myself!! And right now the guys must be thinking "i hope she doesn't come next week" because except for my husband i lifted more weight than all the other guys!!

Even the trainer said that for a female just starting at the gym i was lifting some great weights :) That made my day and i've been smiling since!!

Now it's time to relax and enjoy my last night off this week.

16 comments:

  1. That's awesome! Way to go! Enjoy your evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is brilliant, well done you;o)

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeh! Way to go Suzy! You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome! And some say women are the weaker sex? I beg to differ!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is so cool. I lift 3x a week and LOVE when I can outlift the guys :)

    Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good going, I hope to start working with weights soon. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Show off those muscles! I love the fact that you were stronger than all the guys! hehe :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lift a lot on some things too. Compared to most women for sure... it kinda trips me out sometimes and I get visions of being totally buff in a bad way in my head... as I have slimmed down though I am more feminine looking, thank goodness than buff.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are rockin' it girl! I love it! :o)

    I have not been doing so great these past two weeks. This inspires me to get with it. Thanks!

    Love, Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  10. luv that!..It feels great to do more than you think you can and than others think you can

    ReplyDelete
  11. awesome
    keep kicking their butts

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even at my weakest, I love continually being stronger than anyone realizes I could be. I've always been naturally strong, and I work with heavy lifting sometimes, and I've always found it annoying when the men grossly underestimate what I can lift. But I've never really had the opportunity to compare myself to other men, and their masculine egos are SO dependent upon it, I'm kind of glad not to break their hearts. My brother has never been the strongest of men, but he beat me at arm-wrestling the one time we tried.

    ReplyDelete