Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A ta-da moment!!



I was on my way to a craft afternoon that i'm helping to organize. I'm walking down the street thinking i really should have stayed home to tidy up the house, heck i could even have used a nap :) It's cold, i'm tired and i really don't want to do this!!!! But i promised someone that i would, so i did.

Now that got me thinking..... how come when i promise someone i will help them i do it no matter what excuses may pop up. However, when it comes to making time for exercise, drinking my water, or picking something healthy over something not as healthy i have every excuse in the book and i use them!!! Why when i promise myself to do something don't i just do it, like i would for someone else.

So all afternoon i've been mulling this over in my head!! I lose a couple of pounds, i gain a couple of pounds, why????? I don't keep promises that i make to myself. Well that has to change, here and now.

I promise myself that i will exercise at least 3 times a week.

I promise myself that i will drink at least 8 cups of water a day!!

I promise that i will choose healthy food over unhealthy food.


Do you keep the promises that you make to yourself??

11 comments:

  1. I think that is a common thing for many people, women especially. We are brought up to not let others down, even if we are letting ourselves down in the process.
    I wish you all the best in keeping your promises to yourself.
    xoxKylie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treating yourself like a promise, what a great perspective. Good ta-da'ing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same problem. It's must harder to be loyal to yourself than it is to be loyal to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I know that one, I think I need to make some promise's to me. It is hard to let others down, but I often let me down:o(

    Hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems much more disappointing if you let someone else down, as they might think less of you. Letting oneself down, isn't quite so distressing. I think you have a brilliant idea here, Promise Yourself!!!! I'm going to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like you, can't say no to others, but it is VERY easy to say no to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great point! Too often we forget to take care of ourselves and keep our promises to ourselves. I just started my own journey and blog. I would love for you to check it out. barbgetshealthy.blogspot.com. I will be following your blog, I need all the help I can get. Be true to yourself!

    ReplyDelete