Wednesday, February 17, 2010

I need to press re-set!!


One thing i have always had a hard time with is doing anything in moderation!! I'm either journaling everything and staying on plan, or i've thrown that out of the window and i eat everything without worry.

I have just spent 2 days where i had no control over what what i was served for breakfast, snacks and lunch. And i ended up getting home at dinner time and throwing together whatever i could find. In other words i had a total food fest.

Now how do i find the re-set button??

One of the things i do know is that when i eat simple carbs, sugar, white flour etc. I just crave more and more and can't seem to get enough.

And that is exactly what has happened to me this week.

Now i need to find some strength to stop what i am doing and start doing what i know i should be doing!

One of the things that has happened lately is that i have been going to the gym. Going to the gym for me involves at least 3 hours if not more. I have to take two buses there and two buses back as well as being there for at least an hour. More and more i'm craving just grabbing my coat and going for an hours walk. Or maybe just grabbing my dumbbells and doing a workout in my kitchen. Even though i know i work out harder at the gym is it actually worth it???

I really need to figure out exactly what works for me. I have a lot to think about. Any imput from you my blog friends would be appreciated.

And just so you know, if i keep getting these anonymous comments which are trying to sell something or direct you somewhere else i will go to moderating comments! It will just take a little longer for your comments to show but at least we won't be getting any of those annoying ones anymore.

8 comments:

  1. Hi Suzi. Simple carbs do that to me as well. I find dry fruit helps to satisfy sugar cravings and is much gentler on the system.

    I have never been to the gym and think walking is definitely the best exercise. All that time on the bus sounds like a bit of a drag! Is there someone else you could pair up with who has a car?

    Hope you find that reset button!

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me to reset I need to sit down and really focus on what I want to achieve and how. It may only be 5 minutes but I need to take that time out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple carbs do that to almost everyone!
    My being on "low carb" is the way I handle it.
    No sugar. Obviously.
    No "fast" starches, grains.
    No "fast" insulin-spiking fruits.
    It's not a sacrifice - it's a trade-off at times.
    I don't get the urge to binge and then have to go through the cascade of events that follow.
    People blog what they eat.
    Then they say it works for them because they lose 3 or 5 pounds a week!
    Then, they binge. Every time.
    Every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do exactly the same thing, it's all or nothing baby! Which is just a terrible way to be. I can't do anything halfway, which when it comes to losing weight is a really bad thing. Because when I'm off plan, I'm really OFF.

    At least you're still exercising, but three hours and two buses? Oh no, that sounds horrible. How about getting a few items to work out at home with, maybe some dumbells, jump rope, some of those stretchy band things. Lots of stuff you can do without any equipment.

    You'll get back on it though, you always do. I think having no choice on your breakfast and lunch really makes it almost impossible. As soon as you get back to your regular life you'll be fine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know what you mean! I'm the same way. Something that works for me, I tell myself I'll have it tomorrow. If my calories are gone for the day and I want a treat I just think to myself "you can have that tomorrow". So I'm not telling myself no, I'm telling myself wait. By the time tomorrow comes I've forgotten about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i know when i have a "food fest" i cant stop eating and reset but i have found now that i can because
    all i do is up my protein to fill me up the next day and i dont have to eat as much
    PPOTEIN IS THE KEY TO
    AND IT BUILD LOVELY MUSCLES LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!

    We should market a "reset" button...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh this so speaks to me! It is hard to get back on track. This weekend I had danish in the morning time and now all I want when I wake up is a quick, easy danish. BUT, I did make a great breakfast burrito this morning and that was even better once I ate it. :O)

    I find that I sometimes get really bored by the gym and have to take my workouts outside or stay in, just to mix it up. Then when I go again, I'm renewed and feel fresh in my goals. You are right, we all have to find what works best and fits into our lives.

    Man, that's such a bummer about someone trying to advertise stuff here! :(

    ReplyDelete