Monday, February 15, 2010

Look what i made today :)

I went out for lunch to an all you can eat chinese buffet!! And i had more than i had planned on but i'm perfectly fine with that.

Got home and started to think about what i wanted on our front door for the spring! Which i hope is coming soon. So i gathered a few supplies and this is what i came up with:

Oh and i guess i was in the mood for new things. I decided to come up with a different pancake this morning. I made lemon poppyseed pancakes which were awesome.

I also ordered some new spices from Epicure and i got them this week. First was a grinder with sea salt, garlic and herbs which is absolutely awesome! I also ordered a beef and steak seasoning. But the best thing i ordered was a spice called poudre douce which is described as "A delicate 14th century French blend, sprinkle on fruit, baking, breakfast foods and desserts". It smells divine.

I won some of Annie's fruit snacks as well and i just have to say they are awesome!! Hope i can find some more here soon :) Thank's Danica.

Hope all my American friends have a great presidents day and all my Canadian friends have a great family day!!

13 comments:

  1. the lemon poppy seed pancakes look awesome... how did you make them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on winning those fruit snacks. They look good, as do your pancakes! Can you tell I´m hungry? :)
    Your heart/flower "creation" looks awesome! Where did you hang it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you Ms. Creativity!!

    I haven't been to an all you can eat chinese buffet in about 5 years. Yikes.. I guess I'll have to face that fear eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ADORE your door wreath ! It's making me think of ideas for my own door !

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the wreath! It's so pretty and springy. Those pancakes look really good too. I'm going to have to give those a try. Do you have a recipe?

    ReplyDelete
  6. the lemon poppy seed pancakes look awesome.
    The Jump Manual

    ReplyDelete
  7. awww so pretty!! I do love flowers in the winter. Make you feel so bright and summery!

    I had to work today... no Prez day off for me. But it was lovely and sunny here so I won't complain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Suzi. That wreath is so beautiful! What a great idea.

    I love poppy seeds in anything. Did you have lemon juice poured over them?

    Bearfriend xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. All you can eat Chinese....grabbed my attention. Happy pancake day.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I could spend hours scouring herb and spice aisles. I am an absolute sucker for spice blends and new stuff.

    I love your door hanger. You are quite talented to have just dreamed that up, and voilĂ  something lovely to display. Nice.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness! I love your flower wreath! The colors are so vibrant. I really love purple and yellow together. :o)]

    Those pancakes look fabulous! I might have to try making these soon. YUMMM.

    Suzi, you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your wreath! I want one--it's so fresh and springy! =)

    I read through bloglines now and the RSS has not been updating your blog! grr...so sorry I've not been around when, obviously, you have been!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful wreath! So happy and springlike.

    Those spice blends sound awesome. Mmm.

    ReplyDelete