Friday, April 2, 2010

Crofter's Organic Superfruit spreads a review!


The nice folks at Crofter's sent me some of their new organic superfruit spreads to review! I had already bought the South America one and they kindly sent me the Asia, North America and Europe ones to try. And although Snuffy obviously wanted to try them, i decided against it :) I think though that he should become the Crofter's spokesman, or should i say spokescat!

South America which is described as:

Maqui berries and passionfruit blended with red grapes and morello cherries.

Get in touch with your exotic side when eating this blend of maqui berry and passionfruit. Studies show that maqui berries, sourced from one of the most fertile areas in the world, have the highest antioxidant activity of any fruit.

My opinion: It was good but not one that would make me really want to buy it again!  Had a lot of fruit but you couldn't pick out any particular fruit flavor besides the cherries!  

Asia which is described as:
Both yumberries and raspberries are native to East Asia and have been used historically for maintaining and restoring health. The Chinese know the yumberry as yang-mei. Once you’ve tried this brilliant red fruit, it’s easy to understand how the name yang-mei made its way to yummy and onward to yumberry.

My opinion: I loved this one and i would definitely buy it again! The raspberry flavour popped out and enhanced all the other flavours. I tried this one not only on toast, but on oatmeal and honestly it made the food taste even better!! Next i'm trying it in a tortilla with banana and peanut butter :) It tasted like the best homemade jam ever.

North America which is described as:
Wild cranberries and blueberries blended with red grapes and morello cherries.

What berry combination could possibly be more North American? With a sweet but tart taste, cranberries and blueberries join forces to create this comforting and irresistible spread. Loaded with antioxidants and vitamins, cranberries and blueberries have been used therapeutically on this continent for centuries to treat a variety of ailments.

My opinion:This one was another winner! I definitely give it 2 thumbs up :) I love both blueberries and cranberries and honestly i don't think you could make it better that Crofter's has.

Europe is described as:
Pomegranates and black currants blended with red grapes and morello cherries.

Pomegranates are an ancient fruit with a rich history. Rich in vitamin C and packed with antioxidants, tart black currants balance out the pomegranate’s sweetness.

Perfect on a thick slice of artisan bread, this combo is for those who prefer fruits spreads that aren’t too sweet and pack a little pucker. Naturally, this bright blend also packs plenty of vitamin C and antioxidants.


My opinion:Hey i'm from Europe and i was brought up on black currents. This one was so good and knowing it also had pomegranates in it made it taste even better.

These spreads may cost more than you would pay in a grocery store but they are organic, each made with 1lb of fruit, no artificial colours or flavours, made with fair trade cane sugar. What i love is that each of the ingredients on the back let me know that i was definitely putting a very healthy food into my body!!

I will definitely be buying these again.

Have you tried any of these?? What was your opinion??

5 comments:

  1. I have heard of them from other bloggers , but have yet to try them myself. They sound very tasty !@

    ReplyDelete
  2. seen them around on the blogs, never tried them though. Glad you are enjoying them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hm, I'm definitely going to look into this. The Europe one, especially, makes my taste buds tingle, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This makes me want jam on artisan bread! :o)

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have left Snuffy taste!!!

    ReplyDelete