Friday, July 30, 2010

Back to speed work today....

And i didn't forget to set my watch :)


1. 42.38
2. 40.40
3. 39.31 
4. Last time i forgot to set my watch maybe 40 minutes
5. 38.40  a new PR

Last night when i got to work there was the biggest bowl of cinnamon hearts i've ever seen in the middle of the staff table. When my break came  it was maybe 8 inches away from my plate! Cinnamon hearts are definitely not my favorite however, they are made of sugar which i crave in any form. Would 5 little cinnamon hearts hurt me? No, but i know that 5 cinnamon hearts are going to make me crave more sugar and i'm surrounded by donuts!!! So i didn't touch one, it wasn't hard but i had to keep talking myself out of it every time i went in the staff room. A small thing perhaps but a victory all the same.

Today's food for fuel was a 12 grain tortilla, peanut butter, sf jam, banana and a handful of blackberries! Mmmmm....


7 comments:

  1. Those blackberries look abosolutely sinful... I love berries and black are among my very favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The berries look delicious. Ours are just starting to ripen in the backyard, I can't wait for them to be ready. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow those berries look great and you have given me a new breakfast idea. I could do wonders with a tortilla shell. Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Choices, choices, choices! So many of them! I think you made a good choice not to eat the hearts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the blackberries!

    I know what you mean about the cinnamon hearts. I don't like them either but I probably would have been tempted to have a few. Very weird.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to comment on your wrap - genius! That wrap looks so good! As a snack at work, I'll sometimes have a cut up banana with some peanut butter. Mmmm...

    ReplyDelete
  7. You always make the most appetizing meals! YUM

    ReplyDelete