Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm back

I definitely needed last week off to take time to properly deal with some issues.  However i'm back now!

On friday i'm finally getting a bike :) Hope to be going on a ride with the hubs soon after.(i work on the weekend)

Today i went on a walk through the woods and snapped some pic's along the way. I also picked up some weights to do a few exercises for strength. And today i will be snapping pic's of my food again. I actually missed that :)

This week we managed to buy a new computer chair for $15 to replace the one that crumbled underneath me, we also managed to pick up a new microwave for $39 dollars so i can melt a tbsp of peanut butter whenever i want :) I really missed that. I don't "cook" in it much but i do defrost and warm up small amounts of food. Never realized how much i like using it until i didn't have one.
Did i tell you one day how i put milk, cocoa and sweetener in a cup to warm up in the micro and then realized my microwave had been broken for a week and i'd forgotten? Too funny!

A former next door neighbour dropped off some rhubarb for me :) I just have to clean and freeze it!

Hope your having a great day!!

15 comments:

  1. Glad to see you back ! Congrats on the bike. The 5th plant picture made me jump out and take notice ! It is a plant called Dolls Eyes( posionous) and my son was just doing a report on this one for science class. Small world, huh ???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Althought the idea of zapping my food doesn't thrill me, microwaves are just so convenient. But then, if it wasn't so easy to reheat leftovers, I'd probably be thinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome back.

    What do you do with the melted peanut butter? Do you use it in cooking? (I love it, but eat it very rarely these days.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome back. How exciting to get a bike!! You'll have to post pics. Yay for good deals. :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back! You will have so much fun with your bike! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay, ur back! Missed you not posting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back.... you have discovered a weakness of mine; rhubarb. Flash me some rhubarb and I get excited and lose 27 IQ points until I get some in me.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Missed you girl...can't wait till you get biking.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am discovering the cyclist within; I hope you do too. (http://ruminationsasiuncoverthewomanwithin.blogspot.com/2010/08/cyclist-within.html). I find strength and peace in biking. Enjoy your new bike. Can't wait to hear where it takes you. Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're back. I look forward to your photos every day and hearing about your latest adventures.

    Doesn't it tick you off when even the chairs start complaining about our weight? How rude!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Glad you got things taken care of, and welcome back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Glad to have you back and glad things seem to be going ok. Wonderful pics as always.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Welcome back!! I don't understand not using your microwave like 80 times a day. Ours broke and was replaced in minutes because the back up one in the basement was too far from the kitchen. LOL! Ok maybe I am a little too dependent on it! :)

    ReplyDelete