Sunday, August 29, 2010

Work and fun!


Started this morning by getting up at the crack of dawn which after working last night is not that fun!

The one good thing about it is that i was off at 2 this afternoon, which left time to go for a bike ride :)

Let me introduce you to Betty, well it's not Betty anymore because it was too big for me so it's Ralph's now and i'm pretty sure he doesn't want to call it Betty :) I was really hoping to be able to ride Betty, but alas it was not to be.

So now i'm riding Fred who is just too gosh darn cute for words! It has a wonderfully cushioned seat (although i probably won't be saying that in a couple of days) and is sleek and fast.

So after work the hubs decides it would be a great time to go on a ride and i wanted to pick up some supplies at the Bulk Barn so off we went. It took us 20 minutes there and 20 minutes back and i loved every minute of it!
I see more rides in my future, that is if i can sit down again :)

As far as eating today has gone i started the day with a whole wheat bagel, cashew butter, apricot jam and sliced banana. Yummo, especially since i was only half awake.

And tonight i'm having a bbq'd steak, a huge caesar salad and a glass of red wine! Back again tomorrow.

10 comments:

  1. i lie your background alot
    and the bike too

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations on your riding friend fred :)have fun with the wind in your face.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cute that you named your bike. I really like that idea a lot.

    Cashew butter? Never really thought about it, but it sounds devine. I may have to give that a try.

    Margie M. writes at:
    www.myhealthylivingthruweightcontrol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have a bike that I called "poor thing". I'd apologize to it every time after a ride, poor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so jealous of your bike ride. I wish I was out on a bike ride right now! Instead of stuck in this office (taking a mental health break at the moment before I have a mental meltdown!).

    Hope you're enjoying your day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do so love the pictures of your food! And the bike too, of course. Hope u & Fred have a beautiful relationship!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on welcoming Betty and Fred in to your family. I hope you can plenty of use out of them both!!!! Keep riding before that white stuff hits!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fred is cute, I agree.

    Huh, cashew butter? I love Almond butter, but have neverseen cashew butter. NowI have a new purpose!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I looove me some all kinds of wacky butters.

    cashew.
    sunflower.
    almond.

    love.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Finally, love the changes that you are making in your eating priorities. You go!

    ReplyDelete