Monday, September 20, 2010

I went on a ride


I really wanted to get to the Bulk Barn before the weather turns really cold. I'm such a wuss :)

So being that it's a beautiful day and Fred (the bike) was more than willing off we went. Well o.k i had to have breakfast first. Protein pancakes, banana and sugar free syrup kept me going all morning. Thanks Lori.

So what did i score at the bulk barn??
arrowroot
whey powder
cloves
chia seeds
nutmeg
garlic powder
pumpkin spice
oats
hazelnuts (to make my own nutella)
peanut flour
Couldn't find the peanut flour but i'll look in my favorite health food store tomorrow.

Came home with the goodies and immediately went out again on a quest to find non-slip shoes for work. Boy are they expensive but they usually last me a couple of years.

Today i biked for over an hour and a half and that my friends is a new record for me :)

10 comments:

  1. Oh, oh, PLEASE tell me how to make nutella!!!

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me, too, about the nutella or maybe not since I LOVE it so much.

    Great ride! Impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

    Makes about 1 pint of spread

    2 1/2 c hazelnuts

    1/4 c canola oil

    3 T powdered sugar

    3 T cocoa powder

    1/2 c chocolate chips

    Preheat oven to 350*F. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a pan, and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.

    Rub the hazelnuts between your hands to get some of the skins off. Don’t worry about removing all the skins, but getting some of them off will help make the spread more creamy in the end.

    Put the hazelnuts and all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.

    I got the recipe from here:

    Chocolate Hazelnut Spread

    Makes about 1 pint of spread

    2 1/2 c hazelnuts

    1/4 c canola oil

    3 T powdered sugar

    3 T cocoa powder

    1/2 c chocolate chips

    Preheat oven to 350*F. Spread the hazelnuts in a single layer on a pan, and bake for 15 minutes. Allow to cool.

    Rub the hazelnuts between your hands to get some of the skins off. Don’t worry about removing all the skins, but getting some of them off will help make the spread more creamy in the end.

    Put the hazelnuts and all remaining ingredients in a food processor. Process until smooth.

    I got it from HERE:

    http://www.savvyeat.com/chocolate-hazelnut-spread/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed:+savvyeat/mPJi+(Savvy+Eats)

    Just made it and it is indeed awesome! Keep scraping down the sides of the food processor until it's nice and creamy :)


    Just made it and it is indeed awesome! Keep scraping down the sides of the food processor until it's nice and creamy :)

    I'll post a link tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmm. those pancakes & the fruit look so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks so good! You always make the best breakfast!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on a great ride!

    Now, ride on over to my house and make me some pancakes. It's the least you can do after showing us that photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooo, thanks for the recipe! Glad your bike was so cooperative. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your breakfasts always look the best I've ever seen! Awesome. Good work with the bike ride.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks again for the package, made my day *big smile*. Way to go on that long ride. Those pancakes look yummy!

    ReplyDelete