Wednesday, October 20, 2010

I went to a Chinese buffet and won :)

Yes dear friends of ours took us out to a Chinese buffet for lunch today! Now normally i do not want to hop on the scale for a couple of days afterwards. Today i ate the healthiest things i could find and i'm feeling satisfied but no where near stuffed. I'm actually looking forward to going next time :) Good food great friends!!

Knowing that i wasn't sure what i'd find for lunch today i made sure i ate a healthy breakfast of oats and had a protein drink before i went because i find that helps with my cravings and my appetite. Supper tonight is in the slow cooker, i've made the butternut squash soup again and i have a whole grain baguette to go with it, no butter.

All in all a great healthy food day.

Now Ralph and i are off on the bikes for a nice long ride and we'll stop and have a coffee halfway. Then it's home and i'm hoping to go on another walk/run. I'll let you know how it goes.

17 comments:

  1. Reading this made my day, since I love the Chinese buffet too. :) Also looking forward to trying butternut squash for the first time soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a hard time with Chinese buffet. It's really good, but the things that I like aren't the healthiest! Good for you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job! Now this song is going through my head "I fought the law and the lawn won"

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chinese food - it feels like my nemesis at the moment - i don't think i could go to a chinese restaurant and still feel like i had eaten healthily so i am still in the "complete avoidance" phase...i think though that long-term we should all be able to incorporate a treat here and there - i can't stop thinking about salt & pepper spare ribs now....OMG, i WANT chinese food. aaaagggghhhhh. lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job avoiding sodium laden Chinese pitfalls! The food looks great and healthy. Moderation is a beautiful thing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Buffets CAN be done in a healthy way ! Most offer fresh fruit and veggies( salad) and things like cold boiled shrimp, hard boiled eggs and more. It just takes a little common sense as to what to eat while there- and wise to wait a day or two to weigh in in the event you ate any of the hot entrees. They can be very high in sodium !

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's why i stayed away from the hot stuff :) I enjoyed the beetroot haven't had that in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You did very, very well. Great willpower, great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  9. WTG Awesome choices you made... Not sure I could have done that.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just don't trust myself yet. I have a great deal of confidence I would be good to go, but not full confidence yet. I was all about loading up at the buffet so I could "get my moneys worth" out of it. Not sure I could be you just yet. That day is coming though. I will recall your story when I get the nerve.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good for you! I am a sesame chicken or sweet & sour chicken gal, myself.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Actually it was funny because today i enjoyed the food and the company and i didn't care what they were eating. You know how many years it took for me to get this far?? Too many!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sooooo proud of you!!!

    Jennifer
    http://wecanlosethepounds.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is a massive win, and it generalizes - we are all faced with challenging eating situations and can get through them with a little planning and resolution.

    ReplyDelete