Saturday, October 30, 2010

Oh my!!



Went to work tonight and avoided all the baked goodies!
1/2 an hour before i went home a fellow workers daughter came in and gave me a container wrapped up. She said it was because i always help her mom :)

Get home and guess what it is?? Baklava!!!

Yummo, and yes i'm not having any. The hubs enjoyed a piece though.

Oh and this is what it's made of: a rich, sweet pastry made of layers of phyllo dough filled with chopped nuts and sweetened with syrup or honey

5 comments:

  1. I almost licked my monitor. Baklava is one of my top 5 favorite desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow my mouth is watering it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank goodness my computer monitor is calorie-free!! LOL And fantastic willpower. I'm not so sure I'd be able to pass up a "taste" of homemade baklava ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Baklava looks really good. It was one of my favs, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Baklava is possibly the closest thing to heaven-on-earth i have ever tasted. Oh Lordy! I want one.

    ReplyDelete