1. It seems I am indeed organized, and sadly it is just the way I was born, so I have no idea as to advice to give.2. It looks like we are going to be spending our holidays with just the 3 of us, and this means being able to stay on our current eating plan.3. Christmas Morning is no special breakfast and my husband has to sing at Midnight Mass and then 8 , 10 and noon Mass on Christmas. For us it is lunch if we do not have to gather with one of our families, and a simple grab and go something if we do. Such is the life of a singer !4. Not yet- and we just had a Tornado 2 days ago. I would rather have the snow.5.No
1. Organized? I LOVE being organized! (I'm such a square.) I hate wasting time looking for things or having things spilling out of drawers/closets/cupboards. One little tip for Tupperware/Ziploc storage containers...I have 2 big basket: one is for all the bottoms and one is for all the lids. Neat and tidy.2. Strict holiday eating or relaxed? Uh, both. I like to have whatever I like on Xmas Day...the rest of the time I try to keep it in check. If I overdo it at a party, I try to cut back the next day.3. Xmas breakfast? As a kid, we'd always have Honeycombs cereal (a BIG treat). Now we like to have a more traditional breakfast...eggs, ham, toast, and fruit. I saw French toast made with Pannettone a few years ago...THAT would be delish.4. I live in Moscow, Russia. We had one small snowfall (about 2-3cm), but today it's gone (rainy). I liked the snow for a few days...it brightened everything up!5. Resolutions? Oh yeah, the same one every year - to lose weight! This year it will be about running a half or full marathon!
1. Yes, for the most part. If I could have everything in a box and labeled I would be happy.2. I have it easy since we don't celebrate holidays but when we have get-togethers with friends or family I try and stay on plan. I may have one dessert I usually would not have.3. Since my hubby doesn't have to go to work we usually will fix waffles and sausage.4. I wish! I love snow :)5. Nope. But I start a lot of my personal goals over on the first. Mostly because I am an organizer ;)
1. nope, uber slob here, I just hide the mess in drawers, closets and boxes 2. Strick EXCEPT for the actual day of, then I am going to relax and enjoy3. coffe and eggs, no big event 4.Los Angeles, California? Nope :) 5. another year of blogging and to maintain my weight loss
Many years ago, I pledged to not make my bed...It off-sets my tendency to be OCD.And resolutions? I resolve to read more blogs!I love me some Question Days! I guess it must be Wednesday!
1. Well, I LOVE to organize everything and everyone, but it doesn't always stay that way lol. My advice: Go shopping! But/make cute stuff to organize with and you will want to use it :)2. I allow myself to relax to an extent. I still plan to watch portions, but I'm not going to deprive myself of something that comes around once a year.3. Umm no "breakfast tradition." Won't be home this year so who knows!4. Hahahah! What's snow? Lol, kidding. We very rarely see snow, and when we do it's just a nasty, muddy, sloshy mess.5. Not really.
I'll just answer #2. This year, I will eat moderately of everything I want, but I am riding my bike for an hour or so in the morning and doing some form of exercise each day during this holiday, just to fight back!
1. not even somewhat organized. I am a wanna be though.2. well this is the first big holiday I am facing that has food involved generally. I have got a plan in place already. I am allowing 500 extra calories on Thanksgiving Day, I am walking 5 miles every morning of the 5 days I have off for Thanksgiving, and I added a new wrinkle today. I am cutting down 250 calories from today and from Friday's calorie bank. I think between all that and getting tons o' water drank, I can expect to see a loss on December 3, maybe even get below 220!!3. I have the same breakfast pretty much every day. 1/2 cup Special K with 1/2 cup 1% milk, and one egg and one egg white.4. No snow yet. We had 4 snows last year that were measurable and that was the most we had in over 25 years.5. I do the standard losing weight and getting in shape usually. I think this year, it will be to finish off the weight loss to get to my goal and then do some ass kickin' in maintenance!!
1. I am organized. I'm all about everything having it's place and making lists. I don't really have any advice- I think you either are or you aren't. :)2. I stay on plan- but relax, too.3. Nothing in particular!4. Not yet, but it's freezing rain right now!5. Yes I do!
1.I guess I would say I am! I always say there is a place for everything, and everything should be in its place.2. I try to keep as strict as I can without worrying if I slip into the dessert. I still weigh and measure!3. I use to have a full blown breakfast, now it will be either raisin bread French toast or oatmeal.4. I love snow, but the other people in Louisiana don't know how to drive in it. We had snowed last year, but it is 75 degrees and humid now.5. Not really....I have too many things going on as it is.Happy Thankgiving!
1. Would you call yourself an organized person?? Any advise for those of us that aren't??In some aspects of my life, I am uber organized. My closets are immaculate. My desk looks like the tazmanian devil attacked it. 2. When holiday events are planned do you plan on staying strict with your healthy eating plan or do you allow yourself to relax as far as planned eating goes??I plan on tracking everything but I am not going to worry about going over (within reason:)3. What do you usually have for breakfast Christmas morning?? Anything special??We have midnight mass and then celebrate afterwords until almost dawn. Christmas morning is spent sleeping :)4. Have you got any snow where you live yet?? Love it or hate it??We had a skiff of snow. HATE, except for a few days during xmas :)5. Do you make New Years resolutions??Sometimes.
1. Would you call yourself an organized person?? Any advise for those of us that aren't??In some things yes, but in others, not. I keep a lot of lists in a little notebook I bought at Barnes and Noble. Really helps me. 2. When holiday events are planned do you plan on staying strict with your healthy eating plan or do you allow yourself to relax as far as planned eating goes??I plan to add in an additional 500 calories on T-Day and Christmas Eve and Day. 3. What do you usually have for breakfast Christmas morning?? Anything special??Big breakfast with eggs, pancakes and bacon. Many time omelettes.4. Have you got any snow where you live yet?? Love it or hate it??Yep. We have about 4 inches. 2 fell today. Love it. Love it. Love it.5. Do you make New Years resolutions??No.Hapy Thanksgiving, if you celebrate!
1. Yes, I'm organized. #1 tip: make lists and do what's on them.2. I try to always eat in pretty much the same moderate way.3. Christmas morning? Nothing special. My kids, on the other hand, eat pie.4. No snow yet, but I saw a few flakes on Saturday (I think).5. I've sworn off New Year's resolutions!
1. I consider myself adequately organized. I never lose things and file documents. I used to be more obsessive about it. My advice to those who aren't is to recognize your limits and find a method that works for you. Don't make the process too difficult or tedious or you simply won't do it. Also, don't create a situation where you have to go too far to get organized (like putting file boxes in a room other than the one where you tend to deal with documents).2. I allow myself to eat whatever I want and just control portions. I won't allow myself to overeat, but I will allow myself to sample anything and everything. 3. Usually, I'll have a pastry I might not normally have, but I'll plan for the calories. 4. Where I live, it rarely snows (though the natives in this country seem to think they experience a very distinct winter, it's really like a dry, brittle autumn). 5. Never. I think instituting change, particularly dramatic change according the the calendar is a recipe for indulging destructively up to that point. If I want to change, I'll do so when I'm ready and start slow and work my way up to bigger things.
1. For some things yes - for work and fitness. My house is currently a disaster zone tho as I'm never home.2. I actually try and lose a few pounds before christmas so I can keep it relaxed over holidays. I dont' go nuts, I just make a point of only eating what I really like in moderation and then thoroughly enjoying it.3. Waffles :)4. Yup - lots. Love it...well not the shovelling part, but the rest of it is great.5. I make a list of new things I'd like to try this year. Not quite the same thing is it??
I love question day, and reading everyone's responses!1. Yes, organized at work, less organized at home. 2. I TRY and factor events into my weekly weight watchers points. Some weeks I succeed, others, not so much3. We have Panettone, Italian fruit bread. SOOOO good4. Yup, had some snow, would love it if we didn't have to get around in it. When I drive or walk, I hate the snow! No denying it's pretty though.5. Nope, no resolutions.
1. Would you call yourself an organized person?? Any advise for those of us that aren't??No - I am quite chaotic.2. When holiday events are planned do you plan on staying strict with your healthy eating plan or do you allow yourself to relax as far as planned eating goes??Always plan to be good but allow a little treat.3. What do you usually have for breakfast Christmas morning?? Anything special??Porridge, same as most other mornings.4. Have you got any snow where you live yet?? Love it or hate it??We are one of the few places in the UK that isn't covered in a foot of snow yet, apparently. I LOVE snow.5. Do you make New Years resolutions??Not any more - if you want to see a change in your life, why wait for New Year, start now.