Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Today...

I finally got my first good nights sleep since the time change!! Thank goodness :)

Then i hopped on Fred (the bike) and off to the Bulk Barn i went. Another of my favorite stores as they carry things that i can't find anywhere else.

What are these??
Kamut berries, barley and wheat berries :) I'm making a three grain porridge for tomorrow's brekkie. I'll let you know how it turns out. I'm going to cook it in the slow cooker because i have no patience to stand and stir a pot for ages.

When i was riding the bike today my muscles were cramping really bad! I think i may give my legs a rest for a day or two. I may go for my walks but i don't think i'll try to run. Some weights may be lifted as well :)

Tried a new recipe today that was pretty good: Pumpkin scones with spicy drizzle! 3 pts if your doing weight watchers. I used whole wheat flour because that's all i use.


Oh and i made banana soft serve which is just frozen banana processed for a bit in the food processor then i sprinkled a few cocoa nibs on top :) Delish!

My latest addiction: Presidents choice mulled apple herbal tea with a cinnamon stick. It's an herbal tea which is awesome.

Enough rambling from me :) Have a great day!

13 comments:

  1. I'm so wanting to try those scones. I can't get enough pumpkin lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They were really good! But i only had one and put the rest in the freezer :) Luckily it was all within my points for the day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The banana soft serve looks really good. Are the cocoa nibs like chocolate chips? Would you find those in the health food section or at like Trader Joes?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure about trader joes but they would have them in the health food section!
    No they're not very sweet but have that hint of chocolate which works for me because then i don't crave more :)
    I love them in my oats!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, pumpkin scones with spicy drizzle... you have my mouth watering! Looks good. :)

    ~Margene

    ReplyDelete
  6. Everything sounds so yummy. Sounds like you need to do more stretching maybe for the cramps (almost typed craps lol). I know when we were doing all that long walking (and when I was running) if I didn't do a lot of stretching I had joint and muscle cramps.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh YAY for the grains ! My one and only source of kamut berries stopped carrying them- they also used to carry rye berries and uncut oat berries. I used to use both as a side like you would with rice- very tasty ! The grains do very well in a slow cooker .

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like the idea of the frozen banana...will give that a whirl soon. Rest yer legs suzi, or just stick to cycling for a couple of days and you'll be right as rain.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM! The scones look delish and I love the frozen banana idea - will have to try. Did you get the $3 off coupon ($10 purchase) for Bulk Barn? LOVE them! They sell GF items.
    D

    ReplyDelete
  11. So far it's a really worthwhile book. I NEED info!
    D

    ReplyDelete