Tuesday, January 18, 2011

I'm in love.............



I made this to go with my lunch today and i have to say it's one of the best desserts i've had for a while! Even Ralph loves it :)

Banana Soft Serve ala suzanne: This made enough for Ralph and I

2 bananas sliced and frozen
A drizzle of almond breeze
Today i put a little coconut extract in. I would have put a little coconut oil but i've run out :(
1/2 serving of plain whey protein powder
And a few cocao nibs on top!

That's it! Couldn't be simpler. The frozen bananas should be out of the freezer for 10 minutes just so they're not as hard.
Put the bananas in a food processor. Stop every now and then and scrape down the sides. If you need to drizzle just a little bit of almond breeze or milk. Keep going, keep going. When it's just about the consistency of ice cream i added the bit of extract and the protein powder. Serve with cocao nibs if you have them or chocolate chips if that's your thing :)

Enjoy

13 comments:

  1. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!

    That is definitely a Princess Friendly dessert. I love the combo of coconut, banana, chocolate. OMG!! We want some.

    Let's see, I have Almond breeze, I've got organic cocoa nibs...gotta get coconut extract and bananas (all out). Mmmmm.

    THANKS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wait, I've got coconut oil (organic, virgin) and protein powder. Just gotta get those bananas and I'm set to try this. Let me see what's on my plan this week. I may save this for a Friday night treat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really is good and i think the adding of the protein powder helps to keep the cravings away!
    This would be a good way to use up bananas that are a little old because they usually have the most flavour :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I made this the other night without the protein powder, but I did half banana and have frozen cherries. So good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks SO good. Does it taste anything like ice cream?

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is very very good! It would make an awesome dessert and you can add other frozen fruit to it. I'm thinking mango??

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip about leaving the bananas out for ten minutes. I attempted something like this and it was too chunky, but I bet leaving the bananas out for 10 minutes will solve that problem. Must look for those cocoa nibs. Anne H. was recommeding them on her blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds lovely but it would set of my mad cravings for banana splits probably. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. looks good, I have bananas in my freezer right now, can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmmmm, now I wanna go shopping, but I have no energy...Looks delish though!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  11. That sounds delicious. So glad you shared it now... will come in very handy after my dental appointment on Thursday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOOOOVE banana soft serve! This looks like a delicious way to make it!

    ReplyDelete