Friday, January 14, 2011

I'm so excited :)

And i just can't hide it!!

Just kidding but i am really happy that i finally made some protein waffles that worked :) I had almost given up trying :(

I'll share the recipe in case anyone want to try it they look brown because i used whole wheat flour and lots of cinnamon. See Lori i'm a good student.

3 Tbsp whole wheat flour
30g soy protein
1/3 cup of almond breeze
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
sweetener
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbsp egg whites
i put 1 tsp of olive oil in because most of the time i don't get enough

I did end up putting a drizzle more of almond breeze in because it was too thick, but look at the results it even made two of them :)
My legs were feeling really heavy yesterday so today i'm giving them a break from walking, instead i'm making them do squats i'm also doing push ups and some crunches.
Hope your having a happy healthy day!

21 comments:

  1. that looks phenominal!!! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really hope they do cause they look REALLY good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really liked them and since you get two for one portion i was pretty happy. First time i've made these ones. Next time i might add some mashed banana or blueberries or even chocolate chips :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look incredible! How do they taste? Good? Satisfying?

    Squats....goodness I'm so not ready for squats :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually they were very satisfying!
    Did squats today but one of my knees is bothering me so i may not go on a walk tomorrow :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzi, your food always looks the best. Those waffles looks so good with the lovely fruit on top. Doesn't fruit always look good. It's trying to attract us by being so eye-appealing. Eat me. Eat me. Glad you're excited :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crunches - as in "Capt'n?"
    Didn't think so!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't overdo it with your knee, please. I just finished my workout, but my DVD didn't have a pushup section, so I just did a set on my own! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Waffles have special calories in them, they can only be burned when doing push ups. Phenomenal calories they are... so if you don't want the calories hanging around for long, you know what to do.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks so good :)
    Looks so good :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. yesterday , I managed to do a walk / jog DVD in the livinh room for 30 minutes, then run 30 on the tread mill. I also did 30 sit ups......today, I walked my 4 miles, but right now, i'm not feeling good cause my hubby passed his cold to me.:(g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I am just wondering?? Why not use the same recipie as the one you use for the pancakes? After all when makeing typical pancakes and waffles it is the same batter!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks good!
    Wonder what they would taste like with CarbQuik?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks fantastic!! Thanks for sharing. I will give them a try!

    ReplyDelete
  15. that looks like a great recipe, and a good alternative for when I don't have cottage cheese. Thanks for sharing it! Might try it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Every once in awhile I try a new waffle or pancake recipe, all the while my fingers are crossed in hopes that THIS TIME I'll get something good. That being said, I'm really looking forward to checking this recipe. You wouldn't know the carb content on these would you? Don't see like much. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete